LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Is anyone having any luck in the 4G area? I haven't seen any squirrels today let alone deer. My property has been quiet ever since opening day. I think I need to invest some time and money into food plots this spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i am in 4g as well..havent seen anything...saw deer this morning as i was making my way to stand but of course they ran...didnt see anything else all weekend...in fact last couple weekends..where are ya ?

So all the young ones came in with just 4 mins. Of legal shooting left...they are all grouped up now...but the doe fawn was missing her very large brother...dang I was afraid he'd be shot...makes most sad...wanted to watch that one grow...Hunter still here so I'll beheaded a new spot I have not hunted yet this year. He'll go out later than I in the morning and push the deer my way.

Been a slow gun season for me, but I swear I just heard 2 bucks fighting. Is it too late into the season for that? I couldn't see anything cause it was coming from some really thick brush but it certainly did sound like some antlers rattling. Doubt it was another hunter because of where it came from. Anyone else ever see or hear bucks fighting this late in the year?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Been a slow gun season for me, but I swear I just heard 2 bucks fighting. Is it too late into the season for that? I couldn't see anything cause it was coming from some really thick brush but it certainly did sound like some antlers rattling. Doubt it was another hunter because of where it came from. Anyone else ever see or hear bucks fighting this late in the year?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Could be wood peckers.

Heading to the butcher to pick up the bear I shot on opening day along with a small doe my nephew shot.

Then to the Taxidermist to get the head mounted and a gun rack with the paws. Could spend a small fortune on this stuff, so this will run about $600. Och, but you dont get a bear very often. So he will have a place of honor on my wall forever.

• Like 1

Well he didn't push them across to me ...but down hill...I need to take a morning walk down to the swamp this week....Oh.... little afraid, the buck was a beast to get out...but I'll take clippers with me this time and go back and get the sled with the Gator if needed... Man it was cold out there this morning and the moon is just still too bright I could see my own shadow...I did hear something moving away from me in the dark...and I was very quiet on the cleared trails.

Hunting a new spot this afternoon hasn't been hunted in a number of years. Signs are everywhere .Had to cut out a 2" poison ivy vine, this morning which grew across the seat of the stand, which is still in nice shape. New rachets and chain on and good to go.  It's very thick in there, except for a shooting lane that still usable. By the looks of the trail, this is where the deer are. 

• Like 2

My last day of vacation, back out in 7A. Nice afternoon. Good luck to everyone out here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shad how has it been in 7A for you? I am in 7A as well and man it has been slow slow slow. Deer sightings are not good at all.