The neighbor got the big one...

WNY Bowhunter

What an awesome first few days of season it was here in NE Steuben County!!! I found out yesterday that my neighbor killed the big 10-pt on saturday evening that I was watching a few weeks ago. I never was able to get him on trailcam but I knew he was still around.  He was 21" inside and scored 147 with most of his right G2 broken off. The real kicker is that the deer was taken in the same woods that I killed my doe thursday morning only 100 yds or so from my stand!!!

IMG_3982.jpg

IMG954109.jpg

Edited by WNY Bowhunter
  • Like 12

That's ok their sons will take care of that.  Plus how do you know the DNA of the next deer is not better?  Plenty of good DNA in that area.  Bet if this buck was in your sights you would have shot! 

The only mistake I can see is you guys didn't wait another few weeks two harvest these beauties... They didn't get a chance to Impregnate all those doe with their horse DNA... Great job!!?

The only mistake I can see is you guys didn't wait another few weeks two harvest these beauties... They didn't get a chance to Impregnate all those doe with their horse DNA... Great job!!?

Yeah, do you think if these bucks strolled over to someone else's property, the other hunter would have worried about letting these bucks pass on their DNA??  No way.  The guys killing these deer made the absolute correct decision to kill them when they saw them.  Let them walk and you may never see them again.

• Like 1

That's ok their sons will take care of that.  Plus how do you know the DNA of the next deer is not better?  Plenty of good DNA in that area.  Bet if this buck was in your sights you would have shot! 

There a more where he came from. For instance, this deer is less than a mile up the same road as this other buck, Hopefully, he will get to do his thing with a few does...

zIMAG0169_1.jpg

zIMAG0209_1.jpg

zIMAG0143.jpg

• Like 4

There a more where he came from. For instance, this deer is less than a mile up the same road as this other buck, Hopefully, he will get to do his thing with a few does...

zIMAG0169_1.jpg

zIMAG0209_1.jpg

zIMAG0143.jpg

Wow! That a great buck! I sure wish there were still deer on LI like that. Not anymore though. I'll be hunting in WNY this season. Lol