Missed Bucks?

Five Seasons

I had an 8 that I could have jumped on its back and stabbed it to death but alas I'm doe only. That combined with the fact it looked like his first set of antlers so I'll let him become even more of a monster next year and pass on some genes and create more awesome deer for me in future years. At least that's my plan come time when I can shoot bucks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I won't hunt because of that temptation.  I'm going to shoot 1 buck and 1 buck only.  I do every year.  Why does the DEC care if it is on 10/9 or 11/15?  Venting of course and not trying to turn this thread ugly.  Enough of that going around.  I will just watch from my window until 10/15 and then head out like a good boy.

• Like 2

stories and rumors are flying about those that didn't resist the temptation.

Yeah, without turning this post the wrong direction, there isPLENTY of chatter going around about this.  I know a lot of people who are reporting doe harvest even though they are not actually shooting one just to appease this ridiculous DEC reg.  There are people who will shoot a buck and just mark a differnt "legal" zone on it.  There are people who will shoot it early and mark it 10/15.   Watch in amazement as 10/15 is an all-time record buck harvest!  That is because a crap ton of deer will be shot before then and just called in on 10/15.  Nobody in my inner circle because I wouldn't tolerate any illegal activity, but plenty of chatter around town of it going on.  Goes to show how incompetitent our DEC truly is.

My second sit of year in 1c, didn't see a deer first sit, just bumped six bedded deer, hoping they come back and all be does.

I'm purposely hunting a new "management" property that they want us shooting anything that moves. Staying away from what I think are my best spots for bucks until after the 15th. Really want to knock two does out of here before then

Yeah, without turning this post the wrong direction, there isPLENTY of chatter going around about this.  I know a lot of people who are reporting doe harvest even though they are not actually shooting one just to appease this ridiculous DEC reg.  There are people who will shoot a buck and just mark a differnt "legal" zone on it.  There are people who will shoot it early and mark it 10/15.   Watch in amazement as 10/15 is an all-time record buck harvest!  That is because a shit ton of deer will be shot before then and just called in on 10/15.  Nobody in my inner circle because I wouldn't tolerate any illegal activity, but plenty of chatter around town of it going on.  Goes to show how incompetitent our DEC truly is.

and all the frozen heads that are brought to the Taxidermist after the 15th......

stories and rumors are flying about those that didn't resist the temptation.

I can't believe how many hunters I've come across that had no idea where the doe only areas were... some thought it was the whole State. I wonder how many will shoot a buck in those areas out of sheer ignorance.

For me, it's just like the old days when bow season didn't open until October 15 anyhow. The upside is that it gives me some more time for squirrel hunting. Them things are tasty for a change and I still have plenty of venison in the freezer from last year. My first deer hunt will be opening day of ML in the NZ the weekend after next, then I will take a week off and be back at it for bucks, assuming I still have a tag, and does in the SZ with the crossbow. Anybody looking for a couple of old compounds?

Only out once , afternoon of OD. 3 bucks in range a fork, bb ( neither of which I would shoot) and a giant bodied buck at about 15 yards at last light. No real shot at him anyways , head on to me but with no clue I was there .

I going out in the morning for a doe, I have only one stand I don't mind using at this point .

It was one I was going to move to a better spot but never did. See a lot of doe there though.

I have a friend who is close with a processor in westchester...told him that he knew of at least 9 people were heavily "processed" by the law over the first weekend...what's the penalty for shooting a buck in doe only?

Not sure. But wish it was lifetime ban.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk