Nuthin' special

jmg343

Had some doe piss from last season, never refrigerated it, thought it was garbage.  But, just for the hell of it I poured it in the leaves and rubbed my boots in it before walking to my tree.  Not long after getting settled I heard something following my exact trail, coming right to me tree.  I could see the reflection of the moon off of his antlers and was hoping he was a big 11 that I have on cam and have seen a time or two in the distance.  It was barely light but he presented broadside, under a full moon, at about 20 yards.  I let one fly and knew I had a good hit.  Heard him crash about 60 yards from where he was when I shot. Nothing special, but good meat.  Old deer too, flat teeth and a few missing.  White in the face too.  Maybe 4.5-5.5?  Certainly on the decline from what I can tell.  7 points in all. 168lbs dressed.  Shot in 3S on Halloween morning.

post-6795-0-30771100-1447087260_thumb.jp

• Like 3

If thats what you want to take from it.  Legal light is half hour before sunrise, no?  I wasn't looking at my watch and don't know the listed time of sunrise for that day, but the sun was over the ridge within the half hour.  If you're concerned, call the authorities, tell them to come and get me.

• Like 2

If thats what you want to take from it. Legal light is half hour before sunrise, no? I wasn't looking at my watch and don't know the listed time of sunrise for that day, but the sun was over the ridge within the half hour. If you're concerned, call the authorities, tell them to come and get me.

You are 100% wrong. It's sunrise, not 30min before. Read the regs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If you're concerned, call the authorities, tell them to come and get me.

Well if your that confident ...throw out your name ...other wise you shot the buck illegally and he was right to call you on it.

Not very long ago this group tore apart a young hunter that shot a deer 15 mins past legal and lost it...Ohhh!!!! now I get it! It's only wrong if you loose it after illegally shooting it... :rolleyes::nono:

Edited by growalot

Great.  Well flame all you want.  Im not throwing my name out there and it has nothing to do with confidence, more to do with privacy.  If anyone wants my name its not that difficult to get, or just PM me and we can discuss further.   I have no issue with my ethics.  I can look myself in the mirror and be ok with my actions. 

• Like 1

Jake - If you are fine with shooting deer illegally and bragging about it, you got some serious issues. Might as well just hunt in August next year.  It would be one thing if you admitted to making a mistake by thinking legal light was 30 min before sunrise, but you are now just saying the rules/regs mean nothing to you. How big was your bait pile?

• Like 1

If thats what you want to take from it.  Legal light is half hour before sunrise, no?  I wasn't looking at my watch and don't know the listed time of sunrise for that day, but the sun was over the ridge within the half hour.  If you're concerned, call the authorities, tell them to come and get me.

that still doesn't mean it wasn't sunrise.

Yes I was wrong in thinking that legal light was 30 min before and 30 min after sunrise/set.  I don't know where I heard that, but that was my understanding and has been for several years.  I can now stand corrected and make adjustments.  I also admit that I have not gone over the regs with a fine tooth comb or read the book cover to cover.  I have been hunting since I was in 6th, grade.  I hunted alone too, go ahead and scrutinize that all you want as well.  I don't hunt over bait, I don't jack deer from my truck, I dont use firearms in bow only areas.  Judge all you want.  Like I said, I sleep fine at night.