De knocking arrow

Dave

I don't own a crossbow but have a question . Instead of spending money on any discharge bolts , couldn't one just cut and modify a wooden dowel to serve the same purpose ? Would something like that work ? It would be pretty inexpensive . 

I just took a bolt that fletching was bad ground down a field point to a flat and used that

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Isn't an Oxford shaft a dowel ?  What is the difference ? 

I have no idea, but I would personally be a little concerned about shooting any run of the mill wood dowel out of a crossbow, they get pretty brittle and snap pretty easy after they dry out.....I don't know if there's a difference, but I would suspect that wood used for arrows is inspected for flaws and what not, you have no idea what Home Depot is selling.

Isn't an Oxford shaft a dowel ?  What is the difference ? 

The amount of energy that a modern compound Xbow puts on a bolt it most likely triple if not quadruple the energy that a recurve or longbow puts on the shaft. I wouldn't even consider shooting a dowel out of an Xbow. I shopped and bought one I didn't have to shoot to discharge just so I didn't have to worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't own a crossbow but have a question . Instead of spending money on any discharge bolts , couldn't one just cut and modify a wooden dowel to serve the same purpose ? Would something like that work ? It would be pretty inexpensive . 

Why waste $? I just swap the broadhead for a field point and shoot a target at the end of the hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1