New to Forum / New to Hunting (WMUs - 4s, mostly)

Rebel Darling

Hello.

This is my second year hunting.  Hunting was not part of my family's traditions, so I have a great deal to learn and experience.  I hunt both bow and rifle seasons, and live in WMU 4L.  I took my first antlerless deer this year with a bow, and have had a few more opportunities that I botched through inexperience, but consider good hunts because of the strategies I used.

I hunt as often as my schedule allows (a few times a week), and I'm looking forward to learning and contributing.

- Mike

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It was good. Cold, very hilly terrain. Some guys were running a spaniel around and nailing birds. I saw two does. For my self the north side wasn't a good spot for me. Good parking but didn't see any small game. next time I'll try the south side with the pond. Looks like good open forest. Perhaps tomorrow morning.....hmmmm

It was good. Cold, very hilly terrain. Some guys were running a spaniel around and nailing birds. I saw two does. For my self the north side wasn't a good spot for me. Good parking but didn't see any small game. next time I'll try the south side with the pond. Looks like good open forest. Perhaps tomorrow morning.....hmmmm

Thanks for the heads-up, Andy.  I might head down there in Jan. for some small game and for some deer recon.

Go an' get 'em, if you head out tomorrow.

• Like 1

Welcome!  There are a few of us around that don't come from families with a hunting tradition.  Way to start it yourself.

Thanks, moog5050.

That is certainly the plan.  I have a lot to learn, but want to have so much to teach when the time arrives.  Connection to the outdoors will help us preserve it, and it's a tradition I want to establish in my lineage.

Plus...  I had to make it a tradition before the little ones arrive so that I can characterize my hunting addiction as a tradition each Fall.  Ha...

Thanks, moog5050.

That is certainly the plan.  I have a lot to learn, but want to have so much more to teach when the time arrives.  Connection to the outdoors will help us preserve it, and it's a tradition I want to establish in my lineage.

Plus...  I had to make it a tradition before the little ones arrive so that I can characterize my hunting addiction as a tradition each Fall.  Ha...

• Like 1