Will he ever come back?

pt0217

A couple weeks ago I hit a decent Buck. Found the arrow 100 yards away. No penetration. Looked like some fat on the broad head. No blood any where. I figured I hit the shoulder. I haven't seen him (or any bucks for that matter). Will he ever come back to that area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he is on his way back, and he crosses within 30 yards of my stand, while I am in it, then no, he will not come back.  

I have wounded bucks before, not found them, and gotten a second shot on them a few days or weeks later.  I guess it depends on the area, the deer, and other factors.  If there is something in the area that he really wants, i.e. food source, hot doe, whatever, then I think he'll come back to it. 

• Like 2

My dad shoulder shot a nice 8pt in 2013 he survived a week later he was on camera where the shot had occured. Then last year i killed him from the same exact stand with a hot doe. So yes it can happen. Depends on the factors.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Edited by Deadhunter25
  • Like 1