Offer Accepted!

Well, here we go again. Hopefully this time works out. My Dad, with the help of my negotiating skills, has reached an agreement on land here in 3N. Next up contracts, title, closing.

Current owner used the land for hunting, a trapline, and some sort of beehive contraption for honey. He is moving south and needed to sell.

• Like 6

Good luck Biz. How much land we talking about?

To not give away the exact parcel, it is between 25 and 45 acres.

Also, an adjoining parcel is huntable which is double the size, but landlocked to others (not us) so there isn't much pressure (if any at all).

So 75 - 135 of huntable land.

Further, recovery rights on the other adjoining property (40 acres).

The current owner shot some nice bucks on the property. Also he had a lot of success trapping red fox (no grays), bobcat, and coyotes. 3 ladder stands are being left to us as well.

• Like 5

How far will you be traveling(rough estimate)...sounds like an awesome spot and an even better spot for a cell cam!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Less than 15 miles from my house. Less than 5 miles from camp (my Dad's house) lol.

The honey farm might get you some nice tax deductions.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Current owner mentioned that, but I don't think he did enough of it to qualify.

Less than 15 miles from my house. Less than 5 miles from camp (my Dad's house) lol.

Current owner mentioned that, but I don't think he did enough of it to qualify.

Even without a tax incentive, I'd keep the bees around, might attract bears and will definitely help with flowering of fruits and other flora. And the occasional free honey is great too!

• Like 2

Even without a tax incentive, I'd keep the bees around, might attract bears and will definitely help with flowering of fruits and other flora. And the occasional free honey is great too!

The owner is taking all his equipment, but did have an incident were a bear messed it up once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I wouldn't want the other guys to have to go so far out of their way - that would just be inconsiderate.  Seeing how I am in Northern Westchester already, I'd be happy to provide my opinions of the property.  I can be there with all my guns on Saturday.  What time is best for you... :taunt:  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

If the bees are staying but the equipment goes and you want to get the honey, I can give you tips on robbing the hives (can't physically help on that- bee sting allergy), and help you process honey if you get an extractor and a hot knife for it.

I processed honey from 21 hives for 6 years when I was growing up.  Plus built the bee boxes (hives, supers, and frames).  It's not real difficult, just time consuming.

• Like 2

If the bees are staying but the equipment goes and you want to get the honey, I can give you tips on robbing the hives (can't physically help on that- bee sting allergy), and help you process honey if you get an extractor and a hot knife for it.

I processed honey from 21 hives for 6 years when I was growing up.  Plus built the bee boxes (hives, supers, and frames).  It's not real difficult, just time consuming.

Thanks anyway. I always buy wild honey from a local farm/Apiary. I have a teaspoon of it every morning. I probably would be interested, but my Dad is very allergic to bees so he doesn't want any part of that on his property. The current owner will be taking his boxes and equipment with him. The bees have helped the wild berries on the land, the current owner told us. I think they are blackberries if I remember correctly.

Blackberries - eat as is, make preserves or blackberry mush (try it warm over vanilla ice cream).

They also are a food source for deer and bear.

Could also be black raspberries and some wine berries.

Picking time starts around early July to August around here.

Sounds like a nice parcel.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...