Savage Gun Build

Anyone build your own Custom rifle off of the Savage action?I  have a model 11 short action .243 and I am thinking about ordering a 6.5 X 284 barrel and Bell & Carleson stock for a new project. Looking around for ideas. I have looked at Criterion and Shilen barrels which are around $350.00 for stainless.

Anyone build your own Custom rifle off of the Savage action?I  have a model 11 short action .243 and I am thinking about ordering a 6.5 X 284 barrel and Bell & Carleson stock for a new project. Looking around for ideas. I have looked at Criterion and Shilen barrels which are around $350.00 for stainless.

Sounds like a cool project! Try to take some before and after pic's.  Also some range pic's to see the results.

Edited by grampy
  • Like 1

Haven't built one, but started toying with the idea of building one.

I also have a model 11 in .243. If I had to do it over again, I'd get one in 6.5CM instead.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

I have thought about the 6.5cm as well. I feel the 6.5x284 barrel life will not be too great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have thought about the 6.5cm as well. I feel the 6.5x284 barrel life will not be too great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, also depends on how you shoot it. I have one in 6-284 very much overbore. Should last around 800 rounds. It's my go to 1000 plus yard rifle.

• Like 1