Your Dog & Cold Temps

Lawdwaz

I don't know about your pooch but my old girl can only stand 5-10 minutes MAX in these temps before she starts limping badly.  Sometimes she looks like she's going down........I quickly get her back into the house and she is good.  It kills me because she just loves to be outside, especially when I'm out monkeying around. 

Tough watching them get old............

So, keep an eye on your pups, this weather is brutal on them.

• Like 6

I have two pups. I let them out three times a day for nature breaks. Normally I have to call then 2 or 3 times to get them to come back in. This morning they did there business and ran back to the door immediately.

Posted this on another topic page before finding this more appropriate topic.

Our boys are outside dogs...their house 8'x12' has three connecting compartments,staggered door ways. We store all their shavings and straw on lower shelves to insulate and retain heat lower to their bedding area..the outside run is completely wrapped in heavy tarps,7' to block winds on their north wall and the inside walls are insulated. The entire thing sits 2' off the ground....They are packed in several bales of straw with winter coats. Warm water twice daily with their food. Never had an issue ...even last year...To bring them indoors would be worse for them in the long run  due  to their conditioning....

• Like 1

My old dog cannot stand it more then five minutes,  the pup on the other hand comes in and wants to go back out after 10 minutes the only problem is she hates to be out by herself so she sets by the front door gives me smiles and dumb looks until I put my coat on and go out with her and play.

Damn its cold!!

• Like 1

I let my lab out today, he's 8. He wasn't out there 10 mins when I heard him barking to come in. He normally will stay out a half hour or so, just checking things out and doing his business. When I went to let  him in he was sitting at the slider lifting his front leg like his paw was freezing.. ..Poor guy

It's actually a Hearthstone with soap stone. I had an old VC Resolute acclaim cast iron one for 22 years until it got too old to repair. I got this one last April. Takes a bit longer to get hot but once it does the stone stays hot for hours after wards.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

• Like 1