Who's Taking a Youth Out for the Spring Youth Season?

letinmfly

I will be mentoring a young lady from NJ this year thanks to a good friend.  She doesn't have anyone to take her so I volunteered to do so. I'm really looking forward to it as the last time I took a youth out was in 2012.  I really enjoy introducing young hunters to the sport of hunting and especially to the sport of spring turkey hunting.  The look on their face when they harvest a bird is priceless.

How many of you will be taking a youth out this spring season?

• Like 6

I have a young man interested in turkey hunting. As soon as we get decent weather we will spend some time sighting in and going over the process. I got him a slate call a couple of months ago, I hope he has been driving his parents nuts with it!

• Like 3

13 year old daughter will be out with me for youth season. Taking her safety course on April 16th. She's been going with me the last few years. Killed a nice bird on Mother's Day last year with her there. This time it's all her. Going to get her more aquainted shooting her youth 20 beforehand.

• Like 2

At this stage  in our lives we do not know or associate with people that have kids of youth status. I have been encouraging past hunters to get back into it and deer hunting. Things look promising . Sad thing is they all have a lot of hunting lands(permission) available to them,just don't avail themselves to it

• Like 1

I will be mentoring a young lady from NJ this year thanks to a good friend. She doesn't have anyone to take her so I volunteered to do so. I'm really looking forward to it as the last time I took a youth out was in 2012. I really enjoy introducing young hunters to the sport of hunting and especially to the sport of spring turkey hunting. The look on their face when they harvest a bird is priceless.

How many of you will be taking a youth out this spring season?

This post made me smile Lou!

• Like 1