Live from the turkey woods 2016

turkeyfeathers

DP you on state land this year again? Took a walk with dogs at darien about 3pm yesterday heard a broken goofy gobble thinking it was a jake. Was right by broadway/harlow entrance Good luck on bird 2 congrats on first.

Almost had a bird come into range.I had a Tom on the boil for about 15 minutes. I even managed to close the gap down to 50 yards by scooting through the trees very carefully. Then 2 trespassers, in full hunting regalia, came barreling up the gas-line I was hunting and scared off the birds. Even heard gobbling this morning. Everything was going so well. Aaaarrrgghhh!

Almost had a bird come into range.I had a Tom on the boil for about 15 minutes. I even managed to close the gap down to 50 yards by scooting through the trees very carefully. Then 2 trespassers, in full hunting regalia, came barreling up the gas-line I was hunting and scared off the birds. Even heard gobbling this morning. Everything was going so well. Aaaarrrgghhh!

did you politely throw them out ?! That sucks.
  • Like 1

DP you on state land this year again? Took a walk with dogs at darien about 3pm yesterday heard a broken goofy gobble thinking it was a jake. Was right by broadway/harlow entrance Good luck on bird 2 congrats on first.

Ya about 4 diff pieces of state land depending on the day ... Was in Darien this morning , all was quiet ....

• Like 1

OK the loan hen came back a few minutes later she past back the way she came. I called softly and a got a gobble after working him he gave me a shot 20lbs 9+ on bearde7337a9998ed28a4f936657a032bd549.jpg

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Congratulations!! Way to hang in there and get it done!

• Like 2

More action this morning, but nothing yelled back at me or came close enough. Several in the fields including a few toms, at about 530 tonight, all flipping their middle toes to me as I drove by.  I flipped them back.

We're heading in. Lots of critters on way here. Deer , fox , big coyote , grinner and a stinker . Ducks and peepers are making a racket in the swamp. Enjoy the day everyone. Dang , I can here forever with 0 wind.

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 1

Heard a ton of gobbling as soon as I walked into the woods and as I was setting up my ground blind. Saw one around 60 yards out walking parallel to me...looked to be a hen but I can't tell for sure. Threw some calls out and got a couple responses but no birds. All in all its a pretty good day so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk