Small Game Public Land Recommendations

Can anyone recommend some good public land downstate to do some squirrel and rabbit hunting? If i can't make it up to the deer woods for a whole weekend during archery season I would like to try and get a day trip in for some small game. Thanks for any recommendations!

BK

Can anyone recommend some good public land downstate to do some squirrel and rabbit hunting? If i can't make it up to the deer woods for a whole weekend during archery season I would like to try and get a day trip in for some small game. Thanks for any recommendations!

BK

Kind of early to talk about October hunting no? I hit up several spots during Sept. Let's talk then and maybe we can tag team.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Will some of you guys clarify regional state terms to me?...Sorry not trying to hijack your post, but your down state request had me wondering...where is down state? Where do you have to come from to get to down state...where does that begin...like Rochester and the southern tier...I consider myself central NYS but I'm actually western by officials...Rochester considers this southern-tier but We consider southern tier Hornell down or Bath down...Just curious

Edited by growalot

Will some of you guys clarify regional state terms to me?...Sorry not trying to hijack your post, but your down state request had me wondering...where is down state? Where do you have to come from to get to down state...where does that begin...like Rochester and the southern tier...I consider myself central NYS but I'm actually western by officials...Rochester considers this southern-tier but We consider southern tier Hornell down or Bath down...Just curious

I think it varies on where you live in the state. The only one thing is that everyone from LI and the NYC area considers everything else up-state.

Here's my personal thought on it.

post-5489-0-38634400-1467137920_thumb.jp

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Yeah don't go! Unfortunately lots of good public land but way too many idiots that can't hunt and shoot at anything that moves. Take a lesson to all of you that do that. It's simple: " Don't shoot until you see blue (the sky)"!