New scopes for our front stuffers

WNYBuckHunter

For Christmas I bought my daughter her first deer gun. A CVA Optima 50 cal. I figured she should get a few years of learning just how to use it before she will hit the woods with it (shes 12). A couple of weeks ago I had a great deal on some Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x40 scopes pop up on eBay, so I grabbed 2 of them. One for her and one to put on my Encore. I had been using an old Bushnell on my Encore for the last year or so and I hated that piece of crap.

The other day I popped the scopes on the two guns. I think I got the rings on the CVA backwards, so I have to change those around. I cant wait to take her out and get her started with it after turkey season is over.

post-8-0-95892500-1461884168_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Two very nice set up's you have there! I'm sure you will be pleased with the glass upgrades. I've found that you never go wrong with better glass. Post the results after the first shooting session. So much fun shooting with the kids!

• Like 1

still using the original Nikon Omega scope on my encore prohunter.  that combo should serve you both well.  muzzleloaders truly are versatile.  smallest kid can get bow ranges out of 50 grains of powder and a 250+ grain sabot.  or you can load it up to 150 gr that'll knock a heavy buck off his feet into a barrel roll.

They are nice scopes - Vortex is bringing back some production to the US apparently. That is even better news. I am sure you will like them in the field.

I have a Crossfire II 3-9x40 brand new in box...willing to part with it if anyone wants it.

Was going to put it on my Vortek UL but it fell victim to some rusting and the scope is just sitting idle now.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1