hunting licence Brooklyn

italian87ss

Hi , can anyone give me the right steps to obtain the hunting licence for the deer in Ny? actually i live in brooklyn , if a buy a rifle  after i take the hunting licence can i keep it at my home in brooklyn ? do i need another licence to carry the rifle from brooklyn to upstate when i want to go to hunt ??

thank you in advance to anyone will be so gently to help me out 

To get a hunting license you need to take a hunters safety course.  Check with the DEC, DEP or a local sporting goods shop.

It is my understanding that to own and possess a long gun within the NYC limits you need to register the gun with the City.  You might want to see if you qualify for that first, otherwise your hunting might be limited to bow only.

In NYC and its boroughs you need to apply for a shotgun and rifle licence in order to posess and transport in the city limits (totally different process than our upstate counterparts, where only a valid drivers license is required to obtain, posess and transport firearms). The hunting license is a seperate license for hunting purposes and you will need to locate a class near you, its typically 3 classes for a few hours each day than a written. My nephew recently took the class in queens.

Different locations host the class every year and some you will find host them year after year. I took mine out in LI but lived in the boroughs. As far as buying a rifle, you will need to get approved for a rifle/shotgun permit which is a royal pain. NYC makes the process as painful as possible to discourage people from wanting to own firearms. 

Here is the link to hunter ed class listings. Enter your zip code and it will list the classes that are close to you. Check back often as the class listings change weekly.

https://register-ed.com/programs/new_york

As for the firearm in your area. many people in NYC have friends and/or relatives that leave their firearms with them outside the city limits. NYC firearms licensing can be costly and time consuming, if you can even qualify.

I hoe this helps

If you go to the following link and scroll down to the 5th row you can get info on a group in NYC which sets up hunts were guns can be rented from guides or shooting preserves or borrowed from other members. They travel together and all that too. You would still need a hunting license though - a hunting license only applies to hunting not buying or transporting guns. http://nydovehunting.weebly.com/about.html

Thank you everybody for all the informations ... I think I'm going to take and pass the safety courses and obtain the hunting licence , after that probably I'll delay the purchase of a rifle until I don't move my residence outside the five boroughs, from your advice seems pretty hard and time spending try to have the permit to buy,trabsport and keep the gun inside the city

Obtaining a shotgun/rifle permit is long and complicated in NYC but you only have to go through that hassle once.

Here's the application permit:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/permits/rifle_shotgun_permit_application.pdf

You have to bring everything in person to application office.

Here is a list of the up coming Hunters Education course which you need to take.  Enter your zip code to find the nearest one.  Once you take the free course, you'll receive a safety certificate which allows you to purchase your hunting license.

https://register-ed.com/programs/new_york/165