What do you see?

growalot

Well Grampy I'll tell you,  but first let me explain this:

When I first saw this I immediately went to it's a Pig Oohh damn! Called Mr B in and he said Fox,but then wavered to pig. So I posted it on  a site I frequent, that is country wide but southern based. Many replies and not a one said anything other than pig...I did this because who better to ask? They deal with them all the time and get night pics.

Not one to sit on their haunches ,as it were, whilst waiting for the replies to " For you Southern guys" I really looked the pic over. The best way was with the Kindle because the touch screen enlarged it well...I then knew what it was for a couple of reasons. Close up revealed both the ears and the feet. The snout was still iffy  Then there are the many many good (no fog) pics of my frequent visitor.  It is a red fox that comes to that exact spot nearly every other night.. why that spot? because that seems to be the favorite patch of clover in the entire field for a rather big bunny...and he sits there every other night.

Now as far as I'm concerned  Hunter 49 had the best answer " pigs body with a fox face". I went back and told the guys sorry but it is a fox...I enlarged the pic. The response was this...a continuation of it's a hog! I was told they also enlarged it and it's a hog! Bear with me here. See hogs are entrenched in their lives and not in a good way.

When I posted this here, I got the results I expected. I knew because most of you( I'll assume) have no or little experience with hogs either domestic or wild. The pictures your subconscious would gather as a reference would go to what it knows, canine /fox. Those of you that have had swine or worked with swine would have to go to it's a pig as I did. I say this because when viewing that picture it shows the distinct curvature one looks for in a good hogs ham and the shoulders and neck from that angle show something normally seen in hogs and not fox...So our eyes gravitated to those things and our subconscious filtered through those memories as a reference.  In a recent post I said what we see is 1 part fact and 1 part mental referencing,or rather perception. Sometimes what we see triggers such strong references that takes a  bit of time to reason out what we are actually seeing. So sometimes what we see has a lot to do with our experiences...Which is why criminal witness accounts are so unreliable... and a bearded hen can look like a jake....remember all computers are only as reliable as the information they are fed... ;)

• Like 5

Well Grampy I'll tell you,  but first let me explain this:

When I first saw this I immediately went to it's a Pig Oohh damn! Called Mr B in and he said Fox,but then wavered to pig. So I posted it on  a site I frequent, that is country wide but southern based. Many replies and not a one said anything other than pig...I did this because who better to ask? They deal with them all the time and get night pics.

Not one to sit on their haunches ,as it were, whilst waiting for the replies to " For you Southern guys" I really looked the pic over. The best way was with the Kindle because the touch screen enlarged it well...I then knew what it was for a couple of reasons. Close up revealed both the ears and the feet. The snout was still iffy  Then there are the many many good (no fog) pics of my frequent visitor.  It is a red fox that comes to that exact spot nearly every other night.. why that spot? because that seems to be the favorite patch of clover in the entire field for a rather big bunny...and he sits there every other night.

Now as far as I'm concerned  Hunter 49 had the best answer " pigs body with a fox face". I went back and told the guys sorry but it is a fox...I enlarged the pic. The response was this...a continuation of it's a hog! I was told they also enlarged it and it's a hog! Bear with me here. See hogs are entrenched in their lives and not in a good way.

When I posted this here, I got the results I expected. I knew because most of you( I'll assume) have no or little experience with hogs either domestic or wild. The pictures your subconscious would gather as a reference would go to what it knows, canine /fox. Those of you that have had swine or worked with swine would have to go to it's a pig as I did. I say this because when viewing that picture it shows the distinct curvature one looks for in a good hogs ham and the shoulders and neck from that angle show something normally seen in hogs and not fox...So our eyes gravitated to those things and our subconscious filtered through those memories as a reference.  In a recent post I said what we see is 1 part fact and 1 part mental referencing,or rather perception. Sometimes what we see triggers such strong references that takes a  bit of time to reason out what we are actually seeing. So sometimes what we see has a lot to do with our experiences...Which is why criminal witness accounts are so unreliable... and a bearded hen can look like a jake....remember all computers are only as reliable as the information they are fed... ;)

Grow told us what it was. Why are you still debating?

She got you all.

Thumbs up Grow.

• Like 1