Baby Back Ribs

BizCT

What is the quickest/simplest way you guys cook them?

My wife bought some baby back ribs, and a pork marinade by Stubbs. I'm not interested in a 3+ hour project. If I marinade them over night, can I just put them on propane grill for an hour at a low setting?

They won't be falling off the bone tender, but will still taste good if you just grill. I suggest boiling them for 1/2 hour before, dry them off and add marinade and then grill. Kind of the short cut to long slow BBQ. Not as good, but texture is closer and meat will come off the bones clean.

• Like 1

I have grilled them straight on the grill for 45 min to an hour still good but not fall off the bone. You can also just throw them in a crock pot when you're heading out to work and when you come home you will have fall off the bone ribs.

• Like 1

i would wrap them in foil and throw them in the oven at low heat, maybe 275 for 2-3 hours.  Let them cool.  Then grill them.  It's a slow process.  But, pretty low effort.  And worth it.

i would wrap them in foil and throw them in the oven at low heat, maybe 275 for 2-3 hours.  Let them cool.  Then grill them.  It's a slow process.  But, pretty low effort.  And worth it.

Good idea if you don't mind the wait.

sounds good for a Saturday, but not first starting at 7pm after work.

this will work well for you...

Get HEAVEY DUTY foil...   Mike BBQ sauce to water 50/50....   Wet ribs with water and lay on foil..    cover with BBQ Sauce/Water mixture...   wrap tightly in foil....   Put grill on high and cook on upper rack for 30 minutes..   flip over for another 30 minutes and repeat again..   1 hour total on each side....    Un wrap and put directly on grill (low setting) and add BBQ Sauce (not watered down)...   cook for 20 more minutes...    they will  come out pretty good...

Pretty easy...

I prefer my smoker, as I am able to make Restaurant Quality ribs, but this is how I used to do it.

• Like 1

I agree with the crock pot method.

When I do baby backs it's a process. I use my own rub and let that soak into the ribs for a few hours then I cut the rack in half for the grill, I keep one side off and one side on low heat for about 5-6 hours coating with sauce every hour.

Over coals when camping it's an all day process and much beer consumption while watching them..

• Like 1

I agree with the crock pot method.

When I do baby backs it's a process. I use my own rub and let that soak into the ribs for a few hours then I cut the rack in half for the grill, I keep one side off and one side on low heat for about 5-6 hours coating with sauce every hour.

Over coals when camping it's an all day process and much beer consumption while watching them..

Yea I hear ya. Guess I'll just try 45min on low heat on the grill and see what happens. She bought them thinking they would be a few minutes on the grill like those small tasty lamb chops that I just dip in olive oil and rosemary before grilling for a few minutes.

I do the foil in the oven and then finish it off with BBQ and the broiler.  Also takes about an hour.  Forgot the temp setting.  Have it written down some where.  They're fall off the bone.