Camo Dipping My Shotgun??

Lawdwaz

OK, I'm giving in.  After 15 or 16 years I'm going to get my Benelli SBE camo dipped. 

Anybody ever had one done?  How about Tarjac, used them? 

Other places maybe closer to Buffalo? (if I could save some coin on shipping that'd be fine with me as long as the local guy has good references)

Thanks for the replies................

• Like 1

OK, I'm giving in. After 15 or 16 years I'm going to get my Benelli SBE camo dipped.

Anybody ever had one done? How about Tarjac, used them?

Other places maybe closer to Buffalo? (if I could save some coin on shipping that'd be fine with me as long as the local guy has good references)

Guy in Dansville may do it he has a website....Brian pragle did my skull for me excellent work and great guy to deal with

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Guy in Dansville may do it he has a website....Brian pragle did my skull for me excellent work and great guy to deal with

Brian does very good work ,I had him dip my wife's bow in muddy girl camo ( a picture of it is on his web site) he did a outstanding job it was dipped a few years ago and still looks new . I also had him do some deer antlers bases for me very happy .post-5579-0-37751800-1462906930_thumb.jp Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

I have heard less than favorable things about tarjac.  Phade likes Brian's work.  Guy in Newark does Kolorfusion (Ultimate Finishers) which is better than dipping but costs more (not sure it works on plastic).  He has down several bows for me and did a good job.

• Like 1

Brian does very good work ,I had him dip my wife's bow in muddy girl camo ( a picture of it is on his web site) he did a outstanding job it was dipped a few years ago and still looks new . I also had him do some deer antlers bases for me very happy .attachicon.gifimage.jpg

My deer came out perfect have seen some of the oddball stuff he's done like motorcycle handbags and what not all great...prices reasonable too

OK, I'm giving in. After 15 or 16 years I'm going to get my Benelli SBE camo dipped.

Anybody ever had one done? How about Tarjac, used them?

Camo dip? What about the beautiful wood stock?

• Like 1

Brian Pragle will do a good job with a dip. Personal service. Kolorfusion and other coatings would have to be done elsewhere. But a dip... Go to Brian. He is maybe five minutes off of the Dansville exits on 390.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by phade
  • Like 3

Couple rattle cans of Krylon and you can touch it up of change anytime you want.

They make flat camo colors just for that purpose.

Just sayin'

That isn't out of the question and I've been checking out a couple Youtube clips on it.  Those guys are serious. :)

Many moons ago I did  a couple of my guns and a bow, they held up pretty good but did chip after a bit.

Some primer, OD green, brown and maybe gray could be the ticket.  Maybe some ferns and stale oak leaves for style points?

• Like 1

Camo dip? What about the beautiful wood stock?

From all the miles of carrying the stock is starting to get buffed to a high sheen, Charlie. 

Another couple years it'll be on par with a Weatherby...........it MUST be stopped NOW.  :)

Edited by Lawdwaz

From all the miles of carrying the stock is starting to get buffed to a high sheen, Charlie.

Another couple years it'll be on par with a Weatherby...........it MUST be stopped NOW. :)

No weatherby shotguns for me. Browning BPS pump for deer, and Charles Daly over/under for small game.

None. I am not a camo nut. If I have a gun with a wood stock I will leave it that way. I just offered you an alternative.

It's not about being a camo nut rob, it's about a turkey's keen eye sight.  Sometimes even an experienced turkey hunter can't close the deal when a turkey insists on dying, that is frustrating.  I started with camo taped guns back in the early 80's then had a matte finished beat up 870 SP Magnum that couldn't scare up a reflection if it was loaded.  The gun in question here I've used to kill probably 25 spring gobblers with and a friend used it to a kill a couple too.  Killed lots of geese and a few ducks too.  I never had the urge to dip/paint/tape it till now.  Maybe I need the change??

Regardless, thanks for the alternative.

Edited by Lawdwaz

Couple rattle cans of Krylon and you can touch it up of change anytime you want.

They make flat camo colors just for that purpose.

Just sayin'

I'm going the rattle can route. 

Three cans Rustoleum camo are in the house, I'll do it after the season.  Not sure what color will be the base coat, that decision will be forthcoming.

I'm going the rattle can route. 

Three cans Rustoleum camo are in the house, I'll do it after the season.  Not sure what color will be the base coat, that decision will be forthcoming.

Is the finish of the gun spooking birds?? This my have already been answered but Im too lazy to read back.

The words "spray paint" and "Benelli" just don't seem to go well. There are very good cloth camo tapes out there now. Friends use them and their guns look more than good enough for turkey hunting..

But it is your gun…so go for it if you want…..