What Bird Does This

DirtTime

We had an issue a few years ago with skunks digging up our lawn in spots for grubs, they always made gouges not little holes.

This one has me stumped. I have about 50 of these little digging holes in small area.

Is it birds, or the wretched squirrels that live in cities?

post-5489-0-72165800-1464208555_thumb.jp

post-5489-0-34260900-1464208561_thumb.jp

Sure it's not skunks? Looks a lot like the holes we get at the lake property. And I've seen the skunks doing that looking for the grubs. Treated the lawn for the grubs and the skunks moved on. Well for the most part anyways.

LOL turkeyfeathers. 

Sure it's not skunks? Looks a lot like the holes we get at the lake property. And I've seen the skunks doing that looking for the grubs. Treated the lawn for the grubs and the skunks moved on. Well for the most part anyways.

It might be. But, when we had the skunk issue they would set off the motion light in the back yard, that's how we knew what they were.

• Like 1

An old joke, my friend. No offense intended.

Absolutely no offense taken.

We don't have chipmunks where I live. They are scared of this city. LOL

I am really starting to lean towards the ratty gray squirrels that are all over the place around here.

Have the same issues.....Chipmunks!!! Caught the first one of the year about an hour ago in a trap with good ol' peanut butter!!!

Same here.

Been running a "trap line" around the yard for about a week now. Must have caught 100 of the little diggers already on 3 sets.

Just using a few sunflower seeds on them so no gooey mess. Might have to do a euro for a nice addition to the trophy room,lol

post-233-0-02949400-1464230581_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Had a squirrel problem myself today 2 of them got up in the corner of the patio rafters and startled my wife when she went out to cook, got the hose out and soaked them out then had to board up that little corner of the rafters.I currently don't have a beebe gun or pellet gun at the house the smallest I got right now is a 243 thought that would have been a bit of an overkill not to mention the police would have been there in less than 5 minutes!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My trap is gone!!! Who ever snapped it, took it with them? Just checked and it's nowhere to be found? Checked under the bushes, etc.!!! That was my favorite trap too!!! Little rascals

LMAO!...I mean...Erm....Sorry you lost the trap.

LMAO!...I mean...Erm....Sorry you lost the trap.

Rob, never going to believe this one!!! As I was making coffee this morning, see another one next to my wood storage rack. Got out the pellet gun and got him and another one!!!

Then went out to water my new shrubs and see something moving in the lawn? Went to check out what it was and there is my "lost" trap with the chipmunk still in it!!!

That makes 7 so far!!!! WTF already.................. :cheese: 

• Like 2

Rob, never going to believe this one!!! As I was making coffee this morning, see another one next to my wood storage rack. Got out the pellet gun and got him and another one!!!

Then went out to water my new shrubs and see something moving in the lawn? Went to check out what it was and there is my "lost" trap with the chipmunk still in it!!!

That makes 7 so far!!!! WTF already.................. :cheese: 

LOL.

Sounds like you need to stick with the pellet gun. Just sayin'. LOL!

Well, this makes it #10 so far!!! These little bastards can breed!!! Since I put out the traps with good ol' peanut butter as bait, 10 chipmunks,

2 large mice, and believe it or not sadly, a Robin. Must of seen ants on the peanut butter and went to peck at them, and snap goes the spring!!

20160606_065451_zpsmvgiasn8.jpeg

Have a few chipmunks around liking the garden so I set 3 Victor mousetraps. In 2 days I've caught 0 chipmunks but have caught 4 short tailed shrews and a mouse. Did you know shrews are poisonous to their prey and will take on mice their size or bigger Vicious little things pound for pound.