Upland vest

Buckmaster7600

I mainly still hunt the Adirondacks. For the last couple years I have been wearing a llbean tactical upland vest for deer hunting. I pack very light and hate bulk and the upland vest had worked very well but it is starting to show its miles. I was wondering if anyone if anyone uses this style vest/pack for deer or upland hunting and can give me some ideas for a replacement. My only requirements is no Velcro and not bulky. I'm sure this is a long shot but any help will be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I do!

I use the browning bird-n-lite full vest and especially their strap vest.  Both have a small back pack for an extra sweater and rain jacket and pockets big enough for small binos or gps, cell phone etc.

The upland vest are designed to hold that kind of stuff and work great.  Much better in my opinion than some of the so called "deer vests" which I don't know who designs those thing, but they don't seem to be deer hunters!

Just my opinion.  Good topic, thanks.

• Like 1

I do!

I use the browning bird-n-lite full vest and especially their strap vest. Both have a small back pack for an extra sweater and rain jacket and pockets big enough for small binos or gps, cell phone etc.

The upland vest are designed to hold that kind of stuff and work great. Much better in my opinion than some of the so called "deer vests" which I don't know who designs those thing, but they don't seem to be deer hunters!

Just my opinion. Good topic, thanks.

I guess I'm not alone. In my opinion for a deer hunter on the move there isn't a better option than a well designed vest, it just so happens the best designed vests I have found are for upland hunting. The new tenzing upland vest is one of the best designed I have found but it has velcro on some pockets and that's a no go for me. I'm still looking for he perfect setup but it will most likely require some custom work as usual.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2016 at 8:03 AM, Buckmaster7600 said:

I guess I'm not alone. In my opinion for a deer hunter on the move there isn't a better option than a well designed vest, it just so happens the best designed vests I have found are for upland hunting. The new tenzing upland vest is one of the best designed I have found but it has velcro on some pockets and that's a no go for me. I'm still looking for he perfect setup but it will most likely require some custom work as usual.

The Browning Bird-n-lite vests use fastex buckles on the backpack, waist and chest straps and snaps on the pockets.  No velcro.

I think the upland vests work better because they are designed for hunters who are constantly on their feet and on the move, they are moving vests.  Not just packs to carry stuff from car to stand.