TV show "Bird Dog Wars" Starts 6/28

I think its Trainers training dogs getting ready for the Nationals. The trial is a timed course. Its fast paced shooting, Dog points flush you shoot, retrieve to hand move on to the next bird. I seen a trailer on it, looked interesting. In the off season I'm training shooting or Fishing, so maybe this will fill my TV time LOL.

Have u ever seen "the flush"?. It was produced by pheasants forever. That was a good show.

I think I caught part of one show while channel surfing and what I saw I liked. The problem I have is the two outdoor channels I get have are what to me is unorganized programing, seems like the lineups change on a weekly basis. The old OLN network had a pretty good set schedule and it was easy to stay up on favorite shows because they were always broadcast the same day and time slot. Hunting With Hank and the later Dash in the Uplands was easy find and view, 

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

Very nice. I have a gsp that i hunt pheasant and grouse with. Been trying to plan a trip out west but with two small kids my free time is limited.

I hope to head west in 2017/18, I promised Disney this year so no big trips for me other than a weekend in Maine maybe.

• Like 2

i think my western excursion is going to be on hold....... until the oldest is at least 10 (4 1/2 more years).   But i have looked into going to pennsylvania for some birds.  i did some research last summer about the best places to go.  seems like western pa is where its at, but there is still quality hunting throughout the state.  and the proximity to us makes it more manageable.  

i wish my dog would take a little more to fur.  he has zero interest in anything unless its a game bird.  i have been rabbit hunting with him, but its me pounding on brush lol.  but then again, i bought him for the purpose of bird hunting so i did get what i asked for.   

english setters are a beautiful dog.  i don't run into them too often in the field.  you must have a field day with briars lol.

airedale-  do you hunt yours?  I've watched youtube vids of airedales in the field.  they seem like great dogs for fur and feathers

beautiful dog.   when you trial do you just go with setters?  or is it all different breeds?   reason i ask is cause the breeder who i got my dog from trials his dogs.  i know he travels with his.  Ken lynch

I don't trial at this time, I use to.

Huntscreek I did catch the show and thought it was decent but like you say too many commercials. That seems the norm these days 55% show 45% commercials.

diplomat019 asked

airedale-  do you hunt yours?  I've watched youtube vids of airedales in the field.  they seem like great dogs for fur and feathers

=================================================

Yes I do hunt my Airedales and have been a big supporter of the breed since the late sixties, as you have already noted they are a versatile breed and will hunt just about anything that walks crawls or flies. I have a hunting with airedales blog and also run the Traditional Working Airedale message board since 2004 so one can say I am somewhat obsessed. The Blog has quite a bit of hunting Airedale info and many hunting photos for any that may be interested

Al

http://huntingwithairedales.blogspot.com/2010/07/hunting-with-airedales.html

Edited by airedale

As much as I'd like to see steady to flush, shot and fall. I think the rules they follow are there rules. Speed of locating birds and shooting skills seem to be what they want. Its interesting to watch.

How much more interesting to watch broke dogs quickly find birds that the guys shoot well. One dog is released n retrieves?

Don't know why they used unfinished dogs. Bet some guys could put his on TV that were broke, show the difference n sell a bunch.