Rain...

Im praying for rain so bad, i just had a guy come in this weekend with a bulldozer and grade a road up my mountain and had him put in 2 secluded food plots on the upside middle of my property, one on hillside going up mountain and anothet plot put in close to the ridgetop. Have alot of money tied up in the bulldozer work, lime, fertilzer and seeds. Just pray it rains. At worst i'll loose money on the seeds. Put in 2 plots of ladino clover muxed with rape.

• Like 1

Muggy!..That's an understatement!...but wow the beans and hemp are looking great...dang peas...I just can't seem to bury them by discing or dragging them in and looks like the birds really hammered the sun flowers and corn...So my road side pines had best really fill in great this year  because I'm thinking there will be just fall plantings where the corn was and a real good chance Alfalfa in the rest...It's been 10 yrs of liming and the PH is just about there now. Though I was thinking...maybe a hay field and allow a farmer to cut and bail...they drive by any ways...I know the beef farmers uses smaller tractors that could avoid my trees plot trees...I'll give it a couple of days and take a pic or two...

Does anyone know if we got rain around the Walton / Sidney area recently? My corn was extremely dry last weekend.

Binghamton area received thunderstorms the past two days. Today it poured for an hour and a half hard with high winds and hail. Monday it rained for 4+ hours so I'm sure Sydney/Walton got some rain and are comparable. Clouds still heavy in this area with more rain sprinkling around and more showers expected tomorrow and Friday. We definitely need it.

Looking like we could get some more rain this afternoon I am hoping and will lay down some fertilizer to be soaked in...lost the tiller The tranny is fine but the gear shaft,or what ever it is, to the tines is shot. You have to do so much to get to that, might as well buy a new one...Figures....Mr B should never have put brand new tines on it...jinx :rolleyes:

• Like 1