Where to shoot broadheads

Stormshadow

I have been trying to figure where I can legally shoot broadheads to sight in around NYC. I don't have a property that allows me to do it in my backyard. Does anyone know an indoor or outdoor range around the city that allows it?

Alternatively, I was also trying to find out if target practice with broadheads is allowed on any public land (state parks probably not but maybe NYC Watershed lands or state forests)? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

As for state forests, some allow target shooting and other's don't. I would check that forests specific regulations just to make sure.

Many hunters on here from down state that should be able to help out with a local archery range locations though.

Are you willing to go up to westchester? There is a range up there around 45 min or so from NYC that allows for broadheads. Honestly I don't know of any indoor ranges that allow broadheads near NYC. There maybe some in Nassau  and some in suffolk if your willing to go there. 

Are you willing to go up to westchester? There is a range up there around 45 min or so from NYC that allows for broadheads. Honestly I don't know of any indoor ranges that allow broadheads near NYC. There maybe some in Nassau and some in suffolk if your willing to go there.

Yes, Westchester is fine, did you have a specific place in mind that allows for broadheads? Thanks!

Yes, Westchester is fine, did you have a specific place in mind that allows for broadheads? Thanks!

Yes its called blue mountain sportsman center up in cortland manor. Its the same place I go to, to sight in my rifle. Give them a call and ask, but im almost 100 percent sure they allow broadheads. At least ive seen guys shoot broadheads there. 

Yes its called blue mountain sportsman center up in cortland manor. Its the same place I go to, to sight in my rifle. Give them a call and ask, but im almost 100 percent sure they allow broadheads. At least ive seen guys shoot broadheads there.

Looks great, I'll give them a call. Thanks again.

There is a range in Queens called proline where there is a hunters league every Tuesday night. They use broad heads as part of this league. Last night was week three of the league, and they begin using broad heads starting weeks 5-6.

• Like 1

There is a range in Queens called proline where there is a hunters league every Tuesday night. They use broad heads as part of this league. Last night was week three of the league, and they begin using broad heads starting weeks 5-6.

Is that the one in LIC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProLines is in Queens. I've shot broad heads there at the end of the day once when they were closing up and most of the customers had already left. I didn't suggest it because I wasn't sure if they were being nice with me that night or if that's a regular thing they were doing.

So I called Proline and Blue Mountain to ask about using broadheads there and both said they don't allow it. Maybe they have to state this as a general policy and make exceptions sometimes, I don't know. I'll try to go to Blue mountain next time I'm around there.

So I called Proline and Blue Mountain to ask about using broadheads there and both said they don't allow it. Maybe they have to state this as a general policy and make exceptions sometimes, I don't know. I'll try to go to Blue mountain next time I'm around there.

Maybe. Most places won't allow broad heads on their targets because broad heads will tear them up. If you bring your own targets they may look the other way. That's what I see at Blue Mountain.

i live in ozone park go to proline all the time they dont allow broadheads [they ruin the back board] aall the places on long island or in the city dont allow the they eat up targets quickly maybe a private club on the island or upstate might allow them i know its rough in the city to practice correctly  even outdoor ranges [floyd bennent field cedar creek] but check out suffork archer in huntington they might allow