Arrow recommendations

stoneam2006

28 draw

60 pound

75 percent

How do I pick good arrows...not looking for anything special just something that will preform well..

Guy who sold me bow told me to be in 400 spine I think? Normally I have always just picked them up not knowing

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Edited by stoneam2006

And I'm looking at shooting 100 grain tips is that right?

And if I'm using 100 grain tips subtract that from shaft weight to be around 300?

First time I've had a set up that I want to see preform the best it can so want to learn and be on top of it

400 spine shaft. The weight per inch will vary depending on the shafts you chose.

Ok thought so...so I read you want to be between 5 and 8 gpi so at 60 pounds I want to be between 300 and 480 full weight including broadhead inserts and nock...

So that means say 480 -100 =380 shaft

380 shaft÷28=13.5 gpi?

What am I do8ng wrong

Hit the reset button, lol

GPI in English means grains per inch, that is the arrow weight per inch of arrow. Say you find an arrow that weighs 10gpi, at 28 inches of arrow you would be looking at a weight of? ....280 grains. Then add on your BH or Field point weight, fletching, nock, Ect and that will be your finished weight.

Choosing a GPI is totally up to you, I prefer heavier. My current set up is, Carbon Express Pile drivers 350 and a 100 grain head. I shoot 65# at 29 inch draw.

• Like 1

Hit the reset button, lol

GPI in English means grains per inch, that is the arrow weight per inch of arrow. Say you find an arrow that weighs 10gpi, at 28 inches of arrow you would be looking at a weight of? ....280 grains. Then add on your BH or Field point weight, fletching, nock, Ect and that will be your finished weight.

Choosing a GPI is totally up to you, I prefer heavier. My current set up is, Carbon Express Pile drivers 350 and a 100 grain head. I shoot 65# at 29 inch draw.

So seems as if I stay between 10 and 8 gpi I should be where I want to be...and what's the bennifit of a heavier arrow? Loss of fps but gain in energy?

Personally I would also go to a spine of 350-340. 400 is a hair light.

Also, arrow manufacturers confuse folks with their numbers, they may call an arrow a 400 but that doesn't mean that's the spine.

So that's a stiffer spine right? Still use same arrow weight on it?

So seems as if I stay between 10 and 8 gpi I should be where I want to be...and what's the bennifit of a heavier arrow? Loss of fps but gain in energy?

Yes, more so at longer distances, lighter is faster in the beginning but has less energy down range.

• Like 1

That's another personal choice, easy way is to nock an arrow, draw, and have someone mark the arrow in front of the rest. It is possible to shot a 28 inch draw and a 28 inch arrow.

Thanks you...and everyone else for info...alot to take in and try and learn while running a 5 axis cnc lol

• Like 1

I'm in the machine trades also ,not many places using a 5 axis in this area.

Yea I've run alot of machines in plant I'm in now. Just happen to be on a horizontal spindle 5 axis not...my favorite is horizontal spindle manual mills like old G&Ls...what you run?