July 4th Weekend - Niagara Falls/Watkins Glen

Elmo

Very nice pictures. Watkins Glen is a great town with a lot of wineries and a few breweries close by. Camping at the State Park at the top of glen is great as well. Was at the falls when I was much younger and would love to take the family someday. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Did you go on the " Maid Of The Mist" boat ride? The fireworks over the Canadian side are breathtaking. Believe they are on Saturday nights.

When I was in college in Michigan, I would pass Niagara Falls all the time on my drive back to NYC but I never actually toured the area. We didn't go on the boat but we went on the Journey Behind The Falls tour. We were there on July 4th so they put a little extra "ommpphh" in their fireworks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was in college in Michigan, I would pass Niagara Falls all the time on my drive back to NYC but I never actually toured the area. We didn't go on the boat but we went on the Journey Behind The Falls tour. We were there on July 4th so they put a little extra "ommpphh" in their fireworks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have enjoyed meeting you Elmo.  Next time you pull a move like that, I'm going to be really torqued............

I've never done the Maid Of The Mist.......only the Jet Boats.  The Jet Boats are NOT to be taken lightly, they'll rock you like you've never been rocked.  Trust me!

Watkins Glen is tremendous.  What a beautiful thing to see, I like it much more than the Falls. :)

• Like 1

I would have enjoyed meeting you Elmo.  Next time you pull a move like that, I'm going to be really torqued............

I've never done the Maid Of The Mist.......only the Jet Boats.  The Jet Boats are NOT to be taken lightly, they'll rock you like you've never been rocked.  Trust me!

Watkins Glen is tremendous.  What a beautiful thing to see, I like it much more than the Falls. :)

I had to go to a family wedding in Syracuse so we all figured if we're going to be up there, might as well make something out of it so the day after the wedding, I lead a packed truck (parents, wife, son, bro, and niece) over to Niagara for a day and then made a pit stop at Watkins Glen on our way back.  If I didn't have as many tourist I had to be responsible for, I would have made a pit stop over at your boat and squeezed in a round of beer and fishing.  You like how I just invited myself right there?

• Like 1

I had to go to a family wedding in Syracuse so we all figured if we're going to be up there, might as well make something out of it so the day after the wedding, I lead a packed truck (parents, wife, son, bro, and niece) over to Niagara for a day and then made a pit stop at Watkins Glen on our way back. If I didn't have as many tourist I had to be responsible for, I would have made a pit stop over at your boat and squeezed in a round of beer and fishing. You like how I just invited myself right there?

The boat was out of service getting a new cover (pretty smart move having it done on a holiday weekend, huh?) but we could have met at least. Next time!

• Like 1