A Quick 50...........

Went to pull the trail cam cards yesterday and figured I'd plink a bit with the 10/22.  I used the Stoney Point sticks  in the extended standing position.  50 quick rounds down range before the bugs drove me off............tough to beat the Ruger, IMO.

image_zps6dyhxpa7.jpeg

• Like 8

I did take a couple of the grounds AFTER I weed whacked.  I was driving my wife's vehicle and didn't want to be running it through the field to get back to the shooting bench so I borrowed my friends p/u.  I tossed his Echo trimmer in and cleaned things up a bit.

image_zpswb4lqvnz.jpeg

As far as targets go, I took a cardboard box out of the barn and punched probably 30 holes in different printed things on it, makeshift targets I guess you'd call it.  Then I drove the truck within about 40 yards of some swinging steel I've got there.  Off the shooting sticks I consistently spun the steel, each of the remaining 20 shots connected easily.

• Like 1

Nice bench setup, nothing more fun and good for honing your shooting skills than a good 22 firearm and a couple of boxes of ammo. The 10/22 is probably the all time favorite 22 rifle and that Mannlicher stock model is a classic.

Al

• Like 1

Nice bench with the overhead cover! Don't get much time on my 10-22 these days, but the grandsons sure are! I can't even imagine how many rounds have been sent downrange from that gun. And it still shoots flawlessly!

• Like 1

Nice bench with the overhead cover! Don't get much time on my 10-22 these days, but the grandsons sure are! I can't even imagine how many rounds have been sent downrange from that gun. And it still shoots flawlessly!

I also wish I knew how many rounds I've shot with mine in +35 years. Used to shoot brick upon brick. Always seemed to have a rogue Stinger stuffed in my pocket mixed with the other stuff. Always knew when that one went off Local guys : Cabela's has had 525 value packs lately
  • Like 2

I've got some sleeves of 100rds each and a couple bricks of plinker stuff in case any youth I know don't have them and there parent's can't find it.  then I've got my stock pile of target 22LR for pistol competition.  it's around.  was just up in Maine at Kittery and they had a bunch, both standard and high velocity.  I didn't need any and there didn't seem to be flying off the shelf while I was there looking around.

22LR is fun as heck to shoot.  still not sure why I haven't bought a 22LR rifle for myself.  growing up I always used my dad's and brother's.  nice setup larry.

I used to shoot my 10/22 a lot more before the "active shooters", politicians and horders made ammo more expensive and difficult to find.   Now it is pretty much one squirrel, coon, rabbit, fox, woodchuck or coyote per .22 LR round, and I do most of my "honing" with the BB guns.  I do give possums a second round thru the lungs, since missing one of them little "pea brains" a few years ago and having one get away with a head wound, after playing his name for a few minutes. The 10/22 sure is accurate for a semi-auto, with a great trigger, and handles easier than any other rifle I have tried.  Ruger's are also the only center-fire rifles I use.

The great thing about the BB guns is the ammo is still nearly free.   With a Daisy Red-Ryder or Crossman 760 with 4 pumps, the BB's go thru only one side and end up in the can.  Then you can just pour them out and shoot them again.  These guns are not rifled, so the range is much less than the Ruger, but accuracy is respectable for $30 guns.

Did you build all of that yourself?

Seriously?

I drew blood just weed whacking.......................  :)

Actually the guy that built that doesn't live far from you, he's at the north/east side of Honeoye, south of 20A.  Cousins nephew or something like that.....

Not sure if there is a better rifle then the 10/22...mine has to 35 years old and still functions like a dream.....

I bought mine in 1973 and it  still  works as good as it did when it was new..

Back in the day, I was pretty good at hitting running rabbits with it.

• Like 1

I just can't figure out how you only shot 50? That is some serious self control that I clearly lack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question!

I was trying to pack as much fun into a day away from home and the .22 shooting was just part of a quick 20-30 casts into my friends farm pond, retrieval/reloading of 4 trail cam cards and visiting with my friend then getting home in time to make dinner.