France.............

Lawdwaz

Many need to wake up. I have been trying not to watch the news the past few days to try and be happy about buying a home. It didn't work. This stuff always makes me sick to my stomach, saddened, and to be honest, flat out pissed off as well. It's all nuts! These incidents are growing fast and becoming more frequent. This is WWIII. Or, the start of it.

Some say you shouldn't use a forum for news...well I wouldn't know of this unless reading it here...I refuse to watch the "news" anymore....it's bad enough reading about it let alone having to go over ,and over, and over it for days on end...until the next one takes it's place ...note: takes it's place...That's why all this will continue to worsen hopscotching over tragedies leaving the last one in the dust...not taking in the full accumulative scope of it to heart and demanding true action.

Lawdwaz, I agree. But now that "refugees" for these terrorist countries have resettled around the world, it will make it next to impossible to wipe them out.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

And yet many still want to bring thousands more here. And if you oppose that, we're nationalists, racists, etc.

I don't even judge our "leaders" by the typical political positions. I judge them as to their ability to provide security, solve problems, and improve our standard of living for the long term regardless if they have a D or and R after their name.

When I see what goes on in Europe, and then hear the renewed calls for settling more un-vetted refugees here, I see idiots that cannot possibly accomplish the three things I listed above.

Rant over.

The American boy who was killed was on a friends sons baseball team. Got that text last night. Daughter has good friend from ballet over there now and still waiting to hear she's ok.

This terrorism sucks but also couldn't imagine if the Rodney King thing actually happened today.

Lawdwaz, I agree. But now that "refugees" for these terrorist countries have resettled around the world, it will make it next to impossible to wipe them out.

I agree with you but in this particular case it wasn't a refugee.  The guy (EDIT: The pond scum) had a dual-citizenship in France and Tunisia and has been living in Nice, France for some time.

Edited by Elmo

I agree with you but in this particular case it wasn't a refugee. The guy (EDIT: The pond scum) had a dual-citizenship in France and Tunisia and has been living in Nice, France for some time.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Makes you wonder how many are just waiting for a chance to pull off stuff like this for Allah. My guess is he was part of a sleeper cell. How many of those are here in our country and live only a few miles away from each of us?

I try not to,let all the is happening home and abroad wear on me, yet sometimes it does.

The other night 70 protesters were arrested in the heart of the area I cover , the tension in th city is palpable , one spark away from real trouble I fear.

Then there's the attacks home and abroad, Dallas, Orlando, France to name a few.

From terrorists to , anti cop groups that range from rock throwers to killers.

We have a doughter who travels for work, let's see she was just in Dallas, is currently in Boston and tonight goes to NYC for a few days, high profile crowed target rich cites. I don't loose sleep over this life goes on, as it must, yet I wake up and check the news , where she is .

All of our training lately has been, active shooter, mass causality , terrorism , civil disturbance . It's to the point when I go to events, instead of a quick look for exits and a basic who's around me,then enjoying the concert or art/ craft show whatever , I'm more alert during the whole thing . I've added trauma dressing to my cargo pockets at work , just so if I'm in a situation where I'm away from the rig and or ems bags I have something on me , in addition to my folding knife I've added a short stout fixed blade ( Strider DB a classic sharpened pry bar) to my belt , just to have some sort of strong prying/ cutting tool on me at all times .

Oh we still laugh and break balls, check out the girl runners and so on, but there's a lot in the back of my mind as well lately .