Bino Harness Recommendations

I have had the KUIU, Sitka x2 and AGC x2, as well as badlands and S4 harness . I sold the KUIU as I don't like the attachment to the glass . I still have the new version of Sitka that I use and like a lot . I also have kept my Smaller AGC as its very simple and secure. All the other I have sent down the road.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

FHF all the way.  Its great and very comfortable.  Extra pocket for range finder.

Moog......That's what I like about it....I can have my binos and range finder all in one. Is it to bulky or does it seem to get in the way when you draw back on your bow?

Not at all.  I can even shoot my traditional bows with it on and they are much longer requiring greater clearance.  I haven't tried all of the others, but I would have a hard time imagining any improvement on the FHF.  Easy to put on, doesn't tangle, stays close to the chest, very adjustable for size.  I don't wear it much hunting just because where I hunt, binos arent really needed, but I like having the option.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Not at all.  I can even shoot my traditional bows with it on and they are much longer requiring greater clearance.  I haven't tried all of the others, but I would have a hard time imagining any improvement on the FHF.  Easy to put on, doesn't tangle, stays close to the chest, very adjustable for size.  I don't wear it much hunting just because where I hunt, binos arent really needed, but I like having the option.

Thanks Moog.....Think I just solidified my decission

When Crooked Horn first came out with their system, I grabbed one.  There may still be one in the cabinet but I've gravitated away from them.  In warm weather I could see using a harness but during most of our hunting seasons I found them annoying.  Between different jackets/bulk and ease of on/off during dressing up or taking a dump in the woods, most of the time they were just not worth it, IMO.

I have found that the wider straps on the Swarovski and Leica binos seem to help disperse the weight very well and help to avoid stress on my neck......  Lately, the Leica Ultravid 8x32 bino strap seems to be a huge improvement over the Swarovski's strap due to a "dished out" or contouring of the back of the strap keeps things even more comfortable.

Sometimes in the late season I'll swap out the wider type straps for a real skinny "traditional" type bino strap as the weight distribution of all the late season hunting clothes takes the stress of my neck.

I want my binos close and fairly high on my chest when bow or gun hunting.  Years ago when hunting with traditional gear I'd go with a longer strap and have the binos under my left armpit.  When needed, I'd just slide them up and into position.  When not needed they would just be down under my armpit and out of my way when stalking or shooting a recurve/longbow properly with the bow canted and a bit of a bend at the waist.