Wife and daughter catching crayfish

turkeyfeathers

So daughter and I hitting Lake Erie at the butt crack of dawn tomorrow. And she better not out fish me again.  I sent the girls to 'catch" crayfish in our nearby creek. My daughter has done this many times. The wife, never! I'm still at work and can't witness this but I'm sure it's pretty funny to watch. At least I gave them 2 minnow dipping nets. I told them we need a few dozen so hoping after I get out of work I'll get to help and get a pic or two.

And this text just came in "This is impossible, they're too fast"  

• Like 2

Round 2 in Lake Erie. Bought a couple dozen soft shelled crayfish at the Small boat harbor before putting in. Boat in water by 6 am. Daughter caught 2 big Freshwater drum ( they sound so much more sporting than Sheephead ) and buddy caught 4 nice smallies and 1 small one . Samantha lost a nice " smallie " as we're guessing. A mix of at faults on that. I forgot to loosen drag after last Sheephead and she didn't have rod tip up and pointed right at fish. I lost a small smallie as it jumped. Someday I'll catch something. We were into fish pretty good at mid gap of breakwall but Coast guard asked us to move on to Classic boat races. And I was just about to catch a whole bunch lol. Had to go lake side around wall to South gap. 3' waves were joyous in the Nitro bass boat. Up in the air and smash , sit on your ballz again.  I'm did manage to catch a nice cluster of zebra mussels. Released as no Frank's hot sauce nor butter on board. Another fine day on the water despite being a bit windy. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 7

You know, I could use a good net man!.....lol. I'd say it was a good day on the water!  Looks like your daughter is "hooked" on fishing! Good job Dad! I'm thinking you can now stop "letting" her catch all the fish!:rofl:

• Like 1

She's progressed from her POS closed reel and rod combo to an open faced spinning reel. My little girl is growing up so fast lol. We just went to Cabela's and picked her up a nice Quantam combo . It's a one piece 6.5'  medium weight. Caught a good sale, probably because it's a one piece rod. She mine as well have good tools to catch good fish. Just thru on some new line . She's good to go. 

image.jpeg

• Like 5