Spartan and Browning Trail Cameras

All -

I am placing my next round of orders for Spartan and Browning cameras.

I plan to order from Browning tomorrow - if you want a camera, now is probably the best time to order from me to get the best possible price since I won't have to hold the stock over. This order is very large so I am unsure of when I will place my next order with Browning.

Spartan will be going in Tuesday or Wednesday - same scenario if you are looking for the best cell/data camera on the market.

PM for very good prices.

Cams that MSRP or MAP for cell/data function will be as expensive or more for the next couple years easy. The market is still in its infancy - you might be able to find deals in the high 200s come February, but that is with a lot of time and effort to find those deals or just blind luck.

The cell cams are actually going up in price as the technology requires it for the short term. For example, video transmission is the next big event, while the pic sending units integrate smartphone apps and controls. Once the market matures and companies look for ways to continue sales, they'll then drop the pricepoint. At the end of the day, however, we're combining a cell phone component AND a trail cam. Most of these cams cost a fair amount to R&D.

As far as reliability, the Spartans have proven to be very reliable with their 3G data transmission are really the first cell/data cam where I can "rest easy" with confidence.

PM me if you want a price on the Spartans. While they are not 250, they're not all that much above it considering what you get with a cell/data cam.

• 2 weeks later...

Very costly - The one in Syracuse would be around $1,500 after booth, hotel room and other associated costs. Not including any of the booth equipment.

At the margins I sell mostly via private party, it would be a struggle to come out ahead let alone for it to be worth my time. It's part of the reason you only see cams for sale at shows from either the company themselves or from shops that have it as a part of their inventory but sell other things such as a full-fledged archery shop.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...