found a flock...

growalot

I rounded the corner to check the lane-way and walked right into a flock of 8 turkeys...then changing up my walking pattern, I hit a different trail than normal. They have 5 acres of beech/cherry,maple woods tore up..that with some  nice poults, albeit,, tiny ones on  the cams. I'm feeling better about the flocks now. They seem to have returned to yet another grasshopper hatch. To be honest I have never really took note of there being more than one a year...but my garden has had an influx of 1/2"  little hoppers...so apparently there is...I have also noted that my frog tub is on it's 4th rearing of tad poles...which I also have never noticed before...I have a lot of frogs at various stages from tadpoles  to big frogs... what I haven't seen this year which are normally in abundance...red newts

Edited by growalot
  • Like 4

Last night while heading home from Waterport, I spotted a flock with two hens and about 14 poults!  The bad thing is those poults weren't any bigger than a young chicken.

Their future could be sketchy...........

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 3

A good second nesting seems to have occured, small poults in Oct is from a 3rd or 4th nesting.. or good thing about the drought is a good hatch.. once the poults can fly they have a very good survival rate. About 10 days from hatching they can get up into trees and escape most predators..

• 3 weeks later...