Monster Buck- Best Wildlife Pic I Ever Took

Been driving around a few times a week recently just relaxing and looking for bucks. Went with a buddy yesterday and he took some roads I've never been on before. We weren't seeing much and then we saw this guy, bedded in grass 20 yds off the road. After yelling a string of obscenities, I popped a few pics before he bounced away without looking back. This is the nicest buck I have ever seen, especially so close. He's a 10 with split brow, good mass and nice tine length that will only keep growing. Saw another couple bucks after this but it was too dark to photograph at that point. I have a letter in the mail seeing if I can hunt this property. Fingers crossed but I'm sure the answer will be no. 

What's he score? I'm going to frame this one for sure.

13770297_10153770674169646_1818337837151489505_n.jpg

Edited by blackradio
  • Like 15

look carefully on the right side and toward the tips one tine I believe lines up behind the other except at the very tip...on the right side it looks like the G2 is split.......I take that back the left is just the base of G3 not a split ...so 11pt

Edited by growalot

7 minutes ago, growalot said:

look carefully on the right side and toward the tips one tine I believe lines up behind the other except at the very tip...on the right side it looks like the G2 is split.......I take that back the left is just the base of G3 not a split ...so 11pt

I came up with 11 as well

• Like 1

That's a helluva nice buck and a pretty sweet shot!

Getting them in your view finder can be just as exciting/addicting as hunting them.

He's just as impressive in a picture frame as he would be stuffed. Glad he took the first step to your wall!

• Like 5

Thanks Wooly. Love your shots! Shot this with my Canon T3 with an old M42 Pentax 200m F3.5 lens. Shot handheld at F3.5/ ISO 6400. Really just getting into shooting low light shots like this. Tough to focus and get the show without blur. Just bought a window tripod. That would have come in handy last night.

• Like 2

Saw this buck in a field across the street from where this pic was taken the past 2 nights. He's with 5 other bucks, 1 small 6 and the other 4 are monsters too. There's an 8 that's just as big, maybe a little bigger than him and another atypical with a ton of junk. Wrote to both properties asking permission. Doubtful but it's worth a shot. Buck fever!

Saw this buck in a field across the street from where this pic was taken the past 2 nights. He's with 5 other bucks, 1 small 6 and the other 4 are monsters too. There's an 8 that's just as big, maybe a little bigger than him and another atypical with a ton of junk. Wrote to both properties asking permission. Doubtful but it's worth a shot. Buck fever!

Pics pics pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just confirmed permission to the hunt the land. I have no interest in traveling that far, but I bought in low. So now I'm ready to sell high. How much u willing to pay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Will.score.maybe 130 out of velvet,beams are long and has good width. Mass seems to drop off ( 1/2 in or a bit more of the mass your looking at is velvet) brows and points are short. 

That being said it's still a big buck I wouldn't put it in monster class myself. Hope you get a crack at him this year.FB_IMG_1470136001255.jpg

The one on the right I would consider a monster. Buck on left friend shot was 127net.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'll upload some more pics when I get a chance. Bad News- The homeowner said no hunting on his property (property across the street from where this pic was taken. See the deer and other big bucks there every time I drive by). But, still haven't heard back from the property owner where I took this pic so there is a chance still.

• Like 1