Mast...

growalot

This is for everyone     land owner or state land hunter...if your scouting you are looking for mast.  This is what I'm finding on our places. Hit and miss,but far less apples...couple of trees managed to have a whopping 6-10 blossom not get it by the late freeze this spring...they are sad tiny little things. Oaks..I'm not happy for just this morning I walked under one of our best producers( all reds) and it had literally dropped every acorn and no bigger than a bean seed...I saw this under a few others but not as massive...I'm talking solid coverage of tiny acorns under the tree. Some trees are dropping grape sized acorns.  The beech are OK but it was an "off " year anyways and no hazelnuts,walnuts pignut...great grapes and berries.

So what are you guys seeing on your walk a bouts.

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

All of this makes my corn look better and better

Ya...the drought took that out...all of it ...the grain sorghum is still just a foot tall the field corn is a bit over 2 ft tall and I planted a tad earlier than I normally plant..which is always a bit late...feel like I wasted $$$ in fertilizer...corn was cheap...and It's costing me more work in that I have to do a weed spraying and disc to replant...

Edited by growalot

Hard mast looks bad dropping here,but I have friend who's beech are still loaded, apples are spotty, some are loaded some have few, that cold snap kept a lot of pollenators away. Few drooping early from stress lack of water.

Brassica looks to be coming ok few storms we had ,got it germainated..  corn looks bad..needed rain be lucky if it gets to 3 ft this year..

All of this makes my corn look better and better

Ya...the drought took that out...all of it ...the grain sorghum is still just a foot tall the field corn is a bit over 2 ft tall and I planted a tad earlier than I normally plant..which is always a bit late...feel like I wasted $$$ in fertilizer...corn was cheap...and It's costing me more work in that I have to do a weed spraying and disc to replant...

We have had just enough rain and my corn looks awesome! My sweet corn was the earliest I have ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk