DMP for 2016

First-light

When do licences go on sale aug first as normal should get a tag for here this year as I have 3pp

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I would hope so with 3. You been going for 9t?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

My wife was denied with 2pp for 9p last year and was shocked...could count on one every other year in the past....then the cashier told me he saw a guy with 3pp get denied.

Then out of nowhere she gets a dmp for 9p in the mail and a letter stating it was a leftover tag and she also keeps her pp's.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8p is where out camp is . Just outside of Ingleside. and past 2 years low on dmp . It's a bunch of crap that dec can't get deer numbers under control. We built a camp there and bought land to hunt and this is what we get.. There fine with our licenses fees. I bow hunt there and gun hunt . I see numbers of doe's . Last year no doe tags .15 doe in morning sit for 2 hours . Dec needs to figure this out it bullshit.

• Like 1

Want to hear a conspiracy  First light? Your sitting in the middle of mostly high density deer units...They want more hunters in those units..one way to do that is to take a unit that has to go for a second tag in a neighboring unit in order to receive that coveted 2nd DMP.  I think 8M might be wondering why they are high, low, high, none. That's ag country  I drive though and see dead deer all of the time along the roads.....Well there's a  theory :wink:

• Like 1

My camp is in 8M..   tons of deer...   If there is ever an area that should be high/high, I think it would be 8M...   I live in 8A (Western Monroe County) which is high/high and my observation is that there are more deer in 8M vs. 8A, but I must have it wrong....   LOL

Hi folks, it's almost that time again to get a big game license and hopefully a DMP for this fall. Although I grew up in NY I am now a 'non-resident' and as such my DMP selections are limited. I only have a place to hunt in 3G and 3F. I will more than likely get a 3F but I can't apply for a 3G, I actually do most of my hunting in that zone. Here is my proposal- I can/will apply for another zone as my second choice with the hopes of setting up a swap with someone who would like to swap. If I know in advance what zone to request as my second choice we can help each other out if you apply for 3G or 3F. I did this with a guy from 3M and it worked out great for both of us. Hopefully this works out but if not good luck to all my fellow hunters for the coming season.

20 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

STONE How do you get 3 doe tags? Is someone writing one over to you?

Assuming 2 first time and 1 more on November 1 when extra go first come first serve. 

Got my 2 for 9H today. Daughter has to go for hers in 2 weeks when she turns 14. Couldn't even get them for her today until then 

• Like 1

Assuming 2 first time and 1 more on November 1 when extra go first come first serve. 

Got my 2 for 9H today. Daughter has to go for hers in 2 weeks when she turns 14. Couldn't even get them for her today until then 

Other way around...normally 1 first round then 2 second round...

As I have 3 pp this year I should get all 4 then 2 signed over too...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

some areas are 2 in original, 2 in the left over draw and get two signed over. 

• Like 1

I'm in 8T and permit chances are PP Reqd, None, None, None. I have only seen one buck on trailcam that was decent, and besides him, a couple of four pointers and a spike, no other bucks so far. Yet, I can't walk 100 yards in my woods without scattering does (and fawns). I have a camera watching a field and have a shot from last week with 19 deer in the frame, all does and fawns.

Looks like it may be shaping up to be a tricky deer season.

Edited by Steuben Jerry
Correction