Identifying lime...

I inherited my house. I have a 5 gallon bucket with a fine white substance in it. How can I tell if it is lime fertilizer?

If it is lime does it go bad?

If it is can I throw it over my already planted food plot? No growth yet

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Listen If the bucket isn't marked and especially if this is a farm house PL EASE BE CAREFUL. Our Son bought an old farm house and found a 10# bag of open arsenic...That broke open all over the ground...what a mess! Also there are different limes and some are very caustic.

Edited by growalot

3 minutes ago, zeus1gdsm said:

Sounds like there isn't a defi initi e way to find out.. Mayhap I'll just get a new bag

That would be much safer .

Now , how to get rid of the bucker of an unknown substance ? 

That would be much safer .

Now , how to get rid of the bucker of an unknown substance ? 

Sounds like he may be able to pretend it is coke and sell it. He probably has like 10,000 grams of it. So even at $80/gram that would be $800K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol biz....

Alrdy tried putting it out with the garbage. They refused it and stickered it.

Start bagging it now. Wait till September comes and get a 2 high school kids. You get $700k and each kid gets $50k for getting rid of it.

Your done with your mortgage and

those kids can buy new cars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the city is prolly rose dust or ddt... try putting some on. Few bugs.. one of my favorite things to do is go to estate sales and buy old powder mixes out to the garden sheds..lots of good stuff hides in there. Always  get it cheap,

Back to getting rid of it.  If your not going to try to figure out what it is.  Pour contents a little at a time into trash.. they never take buckets though they do have a hazardous pick up day for paint and such I believe..no pick up here.. we have dumps to take stuff to .. 

1 hour ago, jjb4900 said:

have you given it the taste test yet? not sure what lime tastes like, but if it's salt you'll know.

Reminds of the time my grandfather was teaching me to install a new circuit breaker in the box and suggested I wet my fingers and touch to see if it works.  How could I argue, he lived a healthy life until 97 years old.

I went and picked up some granulated lime for the lawn spreader. While there I examined the texture /color and smell of the pulverized lime.

It does not match what's in my garage.

I'm going to hold onto it and do a test area in the backyard. Away from kids and pets.

1 minute ago, zeus1gdsm said:

I went and picked up some granulated lime for the lawn spreader. While there I examined the texture /color and smell of the pulverized lime.

It does not match what's in my garage.

I'm going to hold onto it and do a test area in the backyard. Away from kids and pets.

if you don't know what it is, that test spot may turn into a dirt spot.........