Sako 85 Hunter - .270

On 9/8/2016 at 3:00 PM, moog5050 said:

TTT - maybe I should hold a big buck contest this season and winner gets package.  $75 entry fee capped at 25 people.   Would 25 people be interested?  Be kinda fun.

Certainly would encourage you to hold out for that big guy.

I'm pretty sure I could do that, make it 3!

Edited by chas0218

I was literally thinking about selling it on consignment at Biekirchs and even called yesterday and they said bring it in.  But I have been delaying.  I don't want to deal with online gun sales sites either.  Chas, you can buy it outright if you want, but if there is enough interest, I am happy to do a raffle or big buck contest.  Only looking to cover $1800 if we do either.

Edited by moog5050

7 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

B&C Gross to determine winner?

No way could us hunters in the eastern part of the state, can compete with the "average" size of antlers, in the western part of the state. Just say'in, average to average, I see a difference, even in the posts here. Please tell me if I'm right or wrong. 

My luck would be better with a blind draw. A 130 class buck in these parts is a buck of a lifetime.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grampy said:

No way could us hunters in the eastern part of the state, can compete with the "average" size of antlers, in the western part of the state. Just say'in, average to average, I see a difference, even in the posts here. Please tell me if I'm right or wrong. 

My luck would be better with a blind draw. A 130 class buck in these parts is a buck of a lifetime.

probably true.  For sure some have better grounds than others.   blind draw is fine too, but I suspect we won't have enough participants either way.

I'll have to check my cameras this weekend to see if I can participate...I think you would get your entries needed with a raffle more so than a BB contest.

Would you be doing the entire deer season (archery, regular, and ML)?

Edited by chas0218

Well folks, no raffle or big buck contest.  I am happy to say that the gun is sold to Grampy and he and Zac will be knocking down deer for years to come with it.

Not sure how to close a thread, but mods feel free.  Thanks.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Well folks, no raffle or big buck contest.  I am happy to say that the gun is sold to Grampy and he and Zac will be knocking down deer for years to come with it.

Not sure how to close a thread, but mods feel free.  Thanks.

Before closing this thread, on behalf of Zac and myself, we are sending you a heartfelt, eternally grateful THANK YOU!!! For those following this, I can tell you that moog is one heck of a stand up guy! He made me an offer I could not refuse, that will benefit Zac and I, much more than himself. It is not very often a man will do something like this for someone he has never met! I write this with tears of joy coming down my cheeks! This is a wish come true for one man, granted by the kindness and generosity of another. This rifle will be shooting deer long after my hunting days are done. Thank you so much my friend.  

• Like 9