This year's regulations book

growalot

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/30409.html

At least in My Area the finally came to there sences and are making it hard to get a permit this year. The amount of deer have been on a steady decline.

The woods realy need a thinning out here , not the deer. They are most likely hitting the farmers crops because the woods are so thick with little if any brouse.

no real changes but DEC has more citizen science stuff coming down the pipe to try and get a better feel for what's going on.  AVID is one of them.  Regs wise not much of anything.  Pushing voluntary passing of yearling bucks but nothing forced.  Don't know if the doe only portion of early season is dropped yet, but it's assumed it would be before the season gets here.

If they implement the 2 week doe again they really have no concept of what hunters want. 

Insurance agencies yes.  Then they wonder why some do not care about surveys that they seem to disregard.

It's already in the book...check out phades post from yesterday he posted a link and so did huntny it's in there

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I know  without a doubt I read somewhere that the DEC decided they were going to drop the 2 week doe only in bow  due to lack of support and numbers not being what they want...So why in hell would they do it again anyways??

Well if that is the case I will again urge hunters to hunt other areas that first part of bow season ...get your tags for areas that will allow you the option of a buck or doe as other areas have during bow season...I know I will not be hunting here those two week if this is the case.

And that accomplishes what...instead of refusing to hunt thay area maybe go out and fill all your tags and encourage others to do the same and maybe it will be enough for them to change it....otherwise don't complain next year when I'm up there hunting with my muzzle loader the first 2 weeks of October along with 1000s of other guys

• Like 1

Because it is a massively flawed plan and I DO NOT SUPPORT FLAWED plans...and now it is even worse...THEY  KNOW how flawed it is.  Now I am a person that normally shoots a doe first ,for one, thing it's a confidence builder...I just may shoot one first this year as well Just not in 8N..... 8X..maybe 8M then I will not be able to shoot another in 8 N until NOV1...because those two tags will be held from me until then...EVEN THOUGH I receive 2 EVERY single year. I also will not buy my ML tag to use my crossbow again this year I'm normally too busy or tired for ML but when I got my cross bow I bought it for that..nope they can do with out my money this year...

BTW ...you may enjoy blk mail but I do not... as far as you and your muzzle loader threat..have at it...I live in an area with gun clubs ,fire works ,and neighbors shooting daily...I'm surrounded by NO DOE hunt private land...so you and all your guys come on up with your one shot blasters and have at it... what the hell do I care:rolleyes:

Because it is a massively flawed plan and I DO NOT SUPPORT FLAWED plans...and now it is even worse...THEY  KNOW how flawed it is.  Now I am a person that normally shoots a doe first ,for one, thing it's a confidence builder...I just may shoot one first this year as well Just not in 8N..... 8X..maybe 8M then I will not be able to shoot another in 8 N until NOV1...because those two tags will be held from me until then...EVEN THOUGH I receive 2 EVERY single year. I also will not buy my ML tag to use my crossbow again this year I'm normally too busy or tired for ML but when I got my cross bow I bought it for that..nope they can do with out my money this year...

BTW ...you may enjoy blk mail but I do not... as far as you and your muzzle loader threat..have at it...I live in an area with gun clubs ,fire works ,and neighbors shooting daily...I'm surrounded by NO DOE hunt private land...so you and all your guys come on up with your one shot blasters and have at it... what the hell do I caredefault_rolleyes.gif

Lol that's a good way to get the flawed plan fixed...I'm not for this plan eithet but I'm also not for having a split season xbow season or antler restrictions but the fact is unless I fight for things to make changes they are going to do what they think is right. They think doe only is the way to go. What's gonna happen if they decide the whole season should be doe only there for a year or 2....poaching will increase leases will loose there leasees and that will be worse. A gun season during bow will be worse off for everyone and could put a real hurt on the doe in 1 years time...you figure with a gun and 4 does tags and a mz and bow tag so 6 tags per hunter could potentially kill a herd clean off then there will be no doe tags to be had. Then bc there's no doe tags more and more little bucks will be killed...trust me that's what happens here where there are no doe tags. If it has horns it's down bc that's all that's legal. There are worse ways for them to get their doe take.

Bow hunters need to start filling doe tags early. There is no reason not to. They can be a very efficient means of controling deer numbers. 

I am guilty of passing doe early and waiting on that buck.everyone has at some point. If bowhunters killed more deer x bow would of never been an issue. 

I think they will have to adopt a earn a buck in those 2 week doe only areas..and you'll see doe hit the ground quick.

• Like 3

YES that's right us bow hunters ..especially the ones that split their doe tag between units...should go out and shoot a single doe that opening day ,Oct 1.That way we can sit with our thumbs up our arses until mid  Oct....unless we travel to other units to hunt bucks there...Oh wait if I get a doe tag for that other unit from the get go...I can shoot any thing I want along with all the other hunters in that unit...him let me think on that a bit...eye roll

YES that's right us bow hunters ..especially the ones that split their doe tag between units...should go out and shoot a single doe that opening day ,Oct 1.That way we can sit with our thumbs up our arses until mid  Oct....unless we travel to other units to hunt bucks there...Oh wait if I get a doe tag for that other unit from the get go...I can shoot any thing I want along with all the other hunters in that unit...him let me think on that a bit...eye roll

You are so worried about those 2 tags in November....they do that to make sure everyone gets one and to many don't get issued....just get 2 tags for 8n from the start and kill 2 in 8n and contribute to the cause...you guys up there are going to make it worse on yourselves. Fight for full inclusion or something proactive not just bi%%% that they are wrong.

You listen to me ..for over 10 years every single person I know,and family member have been issued those two tags here in 8N..and they still have left overs....forget pushing fool hearty plans and just give the high density areas those tags Oct1...Let me give you a clue ...I have filled buck and 6 doe tags off our place in the past..that's right 6 ....my 4 and two sign overs... Now you keep saying you guys up there...So I have to assume your not from here...Which sorry my dear makes you clueless on what the deer population is across 8N...you go by your little area you come up to ,is my guess. So you worry about filling your tags...and Don't worry about what a great many that live here will be doing.

You listen to me ..for over 10 years every single person I know,and family member have been issued those two tags here in 8N..and they still have left overs....forget pushing fool hearty plans and just give the high density areas those tags Oct1...Let me give you a clue ...I have filled buck and 6 doe tags off our place in the past..that's right 6 ....my 4 and two sign overs... Now you keep saying you guys up there...So I have to assume your not from here...Which sorry my dear makes you clueless on what the deer population is across 8N...you go by your little area you come up to ,is my guess. So you worry about filling your tags...and Don't worry about what a great many that live here will be doing.

I grew up in Canandaigua hunted there my whole life parents still live there. Still hunt up there yearly on many many occasions.. I also get 3 tags for up there as does my dad and uncle and yes I have a very very very good clue at what the majority of you up there are doing....you are leasing out the land to buck hunters who don't kill doe and only shoot big deer....you post your land up tight plant BAIT plots to draw the deer in and keep them so they are no longer on stateland and then bi/×_ when the dec makes a rule to try and cull some population...try helping the problem not complaining about it on a forum that has 0 to do with it...want to change it kill doe it's that easy....kill them all invite friends over to kill more take as many as you can to stateland and kill even more and eventually there won't be a problem...you guys have to many deer up there it is noting to so 50 plus in fields but guess what can't hunt it bc some a+××> has it posted or leases it out to buck hunters willing to pay more....you landowners are making the problem worse not better so when you want to complain about bad rules or bad Dec numbers look in the mirror bc you guys cause it

I grew up in Canandaigua hunted there my whole life parents still live there. Still hunt up there yearly on many many occasions.. I also get 3 tags for up there as does my dad and uncle and yes I have a very very very good clue at what the majority of you up there are doing....you are leasing out the land to buck hunters who don't kill doe and only shoot big deer....you post your land up tight plant BAIT plots to draw the deer in and keep them so they are no longer on stateland and then bi/×_ when the dec makes a rule to try and cull some population...try helping the problem not complaining about it on a forum that has 0 to do with it...want to change it kill doe it's that easy....kill them all invite friends over to kill more take as many as you can to stateland and kill even more and eventually there won't be a problem...you guys have to many deer up there it is noting to so 50 plus in fields but guess what can't hunt it bc some a+××> has it posted or leases it out to buck hunters willing to pay more....you landowners are making the problem worse not better so when you want to complain about bad rules or bad Dec numbers look in the mirror bc you guys cause it

Edit....BTW I hunt Canandaigua Hopewell middlesex Bristol naples Honeoye and conesus so think I have a idea

If you would stop crying about being told to do what you should be doing in the first place you might go to dec web sight. they have a updTe that says the maps are tentative and that there are changes pending that would rescind the antlerless only requirement.

The 2 week doe only rule was not black mail. They just made a 2 week doe season. Black mail would be the eab whwer they tell you shoot a doe ot you can not shoot a buck. Many bow hunters would be find with that they would just throw a tag away by saying they got a doe just so they could shoot a buck instead. Many a hunter get doe tags and never plan on useing them.

You get a either sex tag plus 2 doe tags in oct. then 2 more doe tags in nov. so what is the problem? Take 2 doe and a buck in oct. then you get 2 tags on nov. 1 to use in nov.nwhy do you need 4 doe tags in oct to kill a doe. If more hunters were willing to kill doe with a bow then they would have never made a  2 week doe only rule. 

• Like 3

If you would stop crying about being told to do what you should be doing in the first place you might go to dec web sight. they have a updTe that says the maps are tentative and that there are changes pending that would rescind the antlerless only requirement.

The 2 week doe only rule was not black mail. They just made a 2 week doe season. Black mail would be the eab whwer they tell you shoot a doe ot you can not shoot a buck. Many bow hunters would be find with that they would just throw a tag away by saying they got a doe just so they could shoot a buck instead. Many a hunter get doe tags and never plan on useing them.

You get a either sex tag plus 2 doe tags in oct. then 2 more doe tags in nov. so what is the problem? Take 2 doe and a buck in oct. then you get 2 tags on nov. 1 to use in nov.nwhy do you need 4 doe tags in oct to kill a doe. If more hunters were willing to kill doe with a bow then they would have never made a  2 week doe only rule. 

That's just it as I hunt up there I see the amt of land that gets leased year after year to horn hunters and then people wonder why the dec has to step in

• Like 1

1 hour ago, growalot said:

Grow, those units that have a 2 doe limit have excess tags that are never used.. you can get 2 extra and still have 2 tags for other units plus your either sex tag. Is a buck that important for you? My 1st deer as of late has always been a doe usually put on my muzzleloader /boe anterless tag.. leaving n my transferable doe tag in the same area for a guest.. remember when archery started Oct 15th.. take the first 2 weeks and shoot doe and help reduce the population. Where it needs it. Jelous of someone being able to shoot a buck in another area? Guess what they can't shoot one those 1st two weeks in a doe area either so the buck you've been watching is still there.perhaps earn a buck is better for you shoot a doe then kill a buck the same a free noon opening day.. I love your posts but I belive your over reacting to this doe only in areas that need reduction.

• Like 3

Grow, those units that have a 2 doe limit have excess tags that are never used.. you can get 2 extra and still have 2 tags for other units plus your either sex tag. Is a buck that important for you? My 1st deer as of late has always been a doe usually put on my muzzleloader /boe anterless tag.. leaving n my transferable doe tag in the same area for a guest.. remember when archery started Oct 15th.. take the first 2 weeks and shoot doe and help reduce the population. Where it needs it. Jelous of someone being able to shoot a buck in another area? Guess what they can't shoot one those 1st two weeks in a doe area either so the buck you've been watching is still there.perhaps earn a buck is better for you shoot a doe then kill a buck the same a free noon opening day.. I love your posts but I belive your over reacting to this doe only in areas that need reduction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, stoneam2006 said:

That's just it as I hunt up there I see the amt of land that gets leased year after year to horn hunters and then people wonder why the dec has to step in

Agreed the horn hunters are the first to hold there breath and stomp there feet. All over something they could have prevented. They cry see we told you it would not work. Well it didn't work because the children just didn't hunt. They thought they were proveing a point. Well they did they proved just what the dec was saying they wont shoot doe. Now dec will be forced to try another to lower doe numbers and the bow hunters will like that way even less.

• Like 1

Agreed the horn hunters are the first to hold there breath and stomp there feet. All over something they could have prevented. They cry see we told you it would not work. Well it didn't work because the children just didn't hunt. They thought they were proveing a point. Well they did they proved just what the dec was saying they wont shoot doe. Now dec will be forced to try another to lower doe numbers and the bow hunters will like that way even less.

Yea and as a bow hunter I hope it doesn't come to a early mz season...but if it does I'll sure be up there helping