This year's regulations book

growalot

20 hours ago, G-Man said:

I just don't get your reasoning behind it except you can't shoot a buck then ,but neither can anyone else in that area.

I think Grow has made an excellent case for the fact that the DEC has acted in a heavy-handed, extortion-style way with threats against the bow season if compliance with an obviously flawed regulation doesn't happen. I find that kind of action aimed squarely at bowhunters only to be a bit of a discriminative act of selective harassment and inappropriate use of extortion.

I have further issues with this bowhunting-only issue of deer population control. There is no logic behind using a season that involves the least effective deer hunting weapon as their only new population control plan. To me that hints at lack of commitment to the effort or mixed motives. I also am aware of a decade long desire of the DEC to shove muzzleloading into archery seasons. That is a matter of record. This plan coincidentally has exactly that result as an end product to a natural and predictable outcome.

Bowhunters have been charged by the DEC with an impossible task of controlling doe numbers strictly within bow season. Failure to do that impossible task will result in a style of firearms being inserted. Sounds kind of "wired" to me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, G-Man said:

Other states gave nearly a 50 % take by bow.. it's not ineffective  ,bow hunters are just selective 

But we are not talking about other states, and I don't believe that bowhunters are the only ones who are "selective". I do believe that bowhunters are the easiest to intimidate and steam-roller over. I do believe that the DEC is cognizant of the fact that they might be faced with a fecal-storm of enormous proportions if they mess with the gunner's seasons in such similar ways, and so bowhunters make an easier target. I also believe that the final phase of their motives is to set up further precedents of firearms in bow seasons in preparation for future incursions.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Doc said:

But we are not talking about other states, and I don't believe that bowhunters are the only ones who are "selective". I do believe that bowhunters are the easiest to intimidate and steam-roller over. I do believe that the DEC is cognizant of the fact that they might be faced with a fecal-storm of enormous proportions if they mess with the gunner's seasons in such similar ways, and so bowhunters make an easier target. I also believe that the final phase of their motives is to set up further precedents of firearms in bow seasons in preparation for future incursions.

Bow hunters could be a much more effective management tool, I pass between 18 and 25 deer a year with bow.. why idk I just like to watch them, then one day I'll shoot one when the mood strikes. 

The dec need more doe taken in an area and issue tags..they go unfilled, so they try 2 weeks to just get you to only use those tags..people rebell.. Omg I don't have choice.. point is if you shot the 1st doe that went by the numbers would be reduced.. by not participating you force the dec to consider other methods to fill tags be it gun ,crossbow,ext.. 

I believe the saying is ,cutting off your nose to spite your face....

Have you thought that the dec just tried to give the bowhunters a bonus.. greater opportunity for anterless harvest?  They gave them 1st chance to help solve a problem and they declined.. just think if you asked someone for help.and they keep walking away.. eventually you look for other help..

You say they will bring in gun and it's all a conspiracy against bowhunters... I say they presented an opportunity for bow hunters to prove themselves effective and they said nope we don't want to.. so there goes the dec plan to allow bowhunting in closed areas with bow to control numbers there..because they won't shoot deer especially antlerless when asked.... so i guess l we will sharpshooter them or contraceptive.... 

Edited by G-Man