Turkey chair.....

Well most of my blinds have old boat seats in them but I have a lot  of blinds and the bigger ones have plastic lawn chairs...I wanted a  comfy seat that I could sling over my shoulder and use where ever and in  the shorter blinds.......so I spotted an old beach chair in the garage  and there it was....sturdy... arm rests...just a few inches off the  ground and it had a short back rest...perfect....took her out...un  screwed the webbing ..saved the screws.. washed it up and spray painted  it camo with left over paint from hunting ladders....Then went to Wally  world and bought brown "vinyl" clothe ....cut out a pattern then doubled  the material cut it out sewed the seams and punched holes where the  screws go in and screwed the seat to the frame....added a strap and I  have a nice seat I swing over my shoulder and carry with me The whole  thing cost me around 10.00...did I mention I don't throw things away anim_63.gif

I've  been using it for a few years and gotten a few birds while sitting in  it....keeps my knees at just the right height to use as a rest for my  elbow 

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

Thanks, still using it and it was accidentally left out one entire year and still working great...have a strap on it and it so slips across my back . Light and portable...though I did wrap bottom rung to avoid noise from rocks or stones.

Yep, when you live in shale and glacier rock country you have stone walls that delineate property boundaries. We have 4 of them. Farmers here placed these everywhere in the day...scary but some people actually purchased their property based on these and not surveys...stone wall and a hand shake. It never occurred to them, That these walls actually moved over time. Granted we aren't talking great distances...but feet over decades and there have been a few "surprised" for people over the years...lol

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1