• Announcements

• HuntingNY

Forum Upgrade is Almost Done   07/22/16

Forum Upgrade is Almost Done, but still have to get everything setup.  Please be patient and report any issues. Your LOGIN is your forum display name.    
HectorBuckBuster

Huge Buck Ithaca/Cayuga Heights 16 pt?

172 posts in this topic

Well I got this on my cel phone today. They said this deer was shot in Ithaca/Cayuga Heights area last week. Said its a 16 point and close to 200 inches. I don't know anything else about it.

post-451-0-22525600-1320954099_thumb.jpg

Edited by HectorBuckBuster

Wow! That is a beautiful buck! I Don't hunt in Ithaca, I hunt in Watkins Glen but someone sent me this picture saying it was from Odessa. I would give it 180-185"

Take Em' Boys!!!

Yup that's big.

If it is then i bet its got a shot at the state record.

I wonder if it was the Cornell Campus buck?

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

-Thomas A. Edison

Wow!! Great Buck indeed.

I love those split brow tines and it's got some good mass too!

Never seen one of those Big Boy's hunting.

Nice job!

Not to shoot down a great deer but i heard that deer came from .....Well, I dont see a tag on it. I hope im just not seeing it and it's indeed a legit ny state buck!!!! Thats a brute!!!!

that's a whopper!

If the posts end up with strange words in odd places...My Kindle has a mind of it's own and literary ambitions not of my own....lol

lets not get too excited until its proven as a NY buck.

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

I have heard rumors about this buck....from what I have heard there are some people in Cayuga Heights all fired up that someone shot the deer, I guess they had been watching and feeding the buck for a number of years....regardless it is huge.

The Harder You Work, The Luckier You Get

No other info online about this deer?

- John

Spread the word, and tell your hunting friends & family about - HuntingNY.com - New York's Hunting Forums

Thats a giant,to myself looks like it's a Canadian.I have never seen one from NY with that much mass.Very nice any way.

Deer not tagged?

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.

I got the same picture sent to me on my phone it said the buck was shot in an ithaca cemetary at night with buckshot. Not sure if its true but would explain why not many people have heard about the buck.

My son lived on Cayuga lake in Ithaca and let me tell you I believe that is a New York deer. If they ever open hunting in the city of Ithaca you would see a lot of deer of that size taken. I know what I am talking about because I have seen them myself. If you don't believe me ,just take a ride through and around Ithaca and see for yourself. Be careful if you ever are there at this time of the year because the bucks are running does all over the place and you will get to see some of the biggest buck that you will ever see in New York State.

2 hours 20 minutes ;)

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

-Thomas A. Edison

Yup that's big.

If it is then i bet its got a shot at the state record.

I wonder if it was the Cornell Campus buck?

Boy, it sure does look like the same deer. That's a giant no doubt, but i don't think he'll hit the 200" mark.

Here's the Cornell buck from 2010:

Cornell4gg.jpg

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

"I'm not from New York. I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"

"It's not a passion. It's an obsession!!!" - Mossy Oak

I don't think it would top the state record looks like to may deductions for a typical, but still a amazing deer.

No? I guess but then again i don't really care. Its a big damn deer.

-Thomas A. Edison

If it was shot in Cayuga Heights, that is perhaps a good reason why it might be on the down low. This area is highly residential and there is a very good chance that it was shot close to houses, private yards, or off the side of the road......

You can hunt in certain spots in Ithaca. Cornell does allow people to hunt you just have to go through a background check and so on.Then you need to sign up for that area you want to hunt ahead of time.