Huge Buck Ithaca/Cayuga Heights 16 pt?

HectorBuckBuster

I'm pretty sure it is. See how the end of the right main beam droops down a bit on both? Both left brows are longer than the right? Extra points around the brows? The golf course that he was photographed on last year is basically in Cayuga heights. I lived 1/2 mile from there when I was in school.

to me it doesnt look anything like the campus buck other than its got a huge rack lol

The photo of the live deer is from 2010...meaning it's the same deer but not the same set of antlers. The general frame of the two sets of antlers is still very similiar.

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

The white, dread-locked, dirty-crunchy-pseudo-hippies from Ithaca will love it. Hope they put it in the paper that he was tame and they've been feeding him for years... they're the same idiots that think spaying does is an effective way to control the deer population in Cayuga heights. Maybe they should neuter themselves.

The white, dread-locked, dirty-crunchy-pseudo-hippies from Ithaca will love it. Hope they put it in the paper that he was tame and they've been feeding him for years... they're the same idiots that think spaying does is an effective way to control the deer population in Cayuga heights. Maybe they should neuter themselves.

Haha...i grew up around there myself and know exactly the people you are talking about. Funny stuff. They live in their own little world. A ten minute drive in any direction puts you back in touch with reality again.

There are plenty of big, even giant bucks killed legally each year that dont go "public". Dont be shocked if doesnt pop up in the newspapers, etc. Also remember, bucks travel long distances this time of the year, so it may have been killed miles away from the campus, golf course or hunting program.

It is definately the same deer though, look at the white markings near the eyes, they are identical. Lost some mass and points this year.

There are plenty of big, even giant bucks killed legally each year that dont go "public". Dont be shocked if doesnt pop up in the newspapers, etc. Also remember, bucks travel long distances this time of the year, so it may have been killed miles away from the campus, golf course or hunting program.

It is definately the same deer though, look at the white markings near the eyes, they are identical. Lost some mass and points this year.

Totally agree with that statement, I know of four bucks killed in the last 5 years from the area I hunt that never made the paper or the internet, that were very "public" worthy. Just because it hasnt made the papers or internet site, doesn't mean the buck was not properly taken.

• Like 1

Totally agree with that statement, I know of four bucks killed in the last 5 years from the area I hunt that never made the paper or the internet, that were very "public" worthy. Just because it hasnt made the papers or internet site, doesn't mean the buck was not properly taken.

A buck that big would never fly under the radar...

Youd be surprised Joe. A friend of my father's has a 10 on his wall that he shot in the mid 80s in an old orchard behind his home, not far from my father's house. That deer has mass for days and you can fit your chest inside of the mains. Very tall tines as well. It has never been entered into the books and probably never will be. Another friend of mine has a bunch of 140+ deer that hes taken over the years, and hes only ever entered 1 into the books. Lots of guys like to keep themselves off the radar.

Story I heard:

Buck had been hanging in the large cemetary and was basicaly tame - people would walk right up to it.

Guy found out part of the cemetary was privately owned, so he contacted the out of state owner for permission to hunt, which he got.

So he then dressed in street cloths - like the deer was used to - walked up to it on the land he had permission, and shot it.

If true, I would keep it under the radar too, as there would be no pride for me in a kill that way.

Story I heard:

Buck had been hanging in the large cemetary and was basicaly tame - people would walk right up to it.

Guy found out part of the cemetary was privately owned, so he contacted the out of state owner for permission to hunt, which he got.

So he then dressed in street cloths - like the deer was used to - walked up to it on the land he had permission, and shot it.

If true, I would keep it under the radar too, as there would be no pride for me in a kill that way.

Is that a story going around about the buck in the OP or something different?

Youd be surprised Joe. A friend of my father's has a 10 on his wall that he shot in the mid 80s in an old orchard behind his home, not far from my father's house. That deer has mass for days and you can fit your chest inside of the mains. Very tall tines as well. It has never been entered into the books and probably never will be. Another friend of mine has a bunch of 140+ deer that hes taken over the years, and hes only ever entered 1 into the books. Lots of guys like to keep themselves off the radar.

Even if they aren't put in the book... if someone other than the owner knows about it.. it will spread like wildfire