All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. moog5050

AR 15 charging issue

TN calls!
  3. philoshop

AR 15 charging issue

I'll agree that it's the spring compression/strength. It's a new spring. Clipping half of a coil off the bottom of the spring would probably do it. BTDT. Mag springs won't "relax" over time just being loaded. They need to be worked to lighten up. Shoot the crap out of it for the next year and it'll probably handle ten without a problem. Just my experience. If you clip the spring you may find that the last round won't feed in a few years.
  4. Stay at home Nomad

AR 15 charging issue

No plan to tote it in the deer woods . After I got a call from the makers , we had a nice chat, and he gave me some instructions on what I could do if I moved to a free state . I much prefer to load up a stack of mags at my leisure, and bring them when I shoot, over this top loading at my range .
  5. phade

Glad I Don't Live In Florida

I go to Florida often for work. In a current stretch of 5 trips in 7 weeks. Jan to April is nice...the humidity hit last week finally. For those outside of NYC, people in NY can move to several states and experience somewhat similar living conditions or close enough that it's tolerable or possibly more attractive. Florida is an outright change in nearly every aspect. Snakes included. One thing I will say is that bowhunters in Florida who are regularly successful - I think they're pound for pound the most skilled of any state east of the MS. They put up with monumental conditions working against them and do the work to make it happen. Not alot of "easy" bowhunting in Florida.
  6. Storm914

AR 15 charging issue

Wasn't there a company working on making a AR that worked with a traditional hunting stock ? Did they ever get the bugs work out of that thing ?
  7. Belo

School me on propane grills

Congrats Paula! Any land to hunt?
  8. ODYSSEUS

Robs huntandfish journal

I also have a Hunting Journal here on this site and a New Notebook for each Year as well. I Printed now in the Notebooks so it will be easier to read by a Family Member 50 years from now.
  9. Storm914

Lime

Ask them lol
  10. Culvercreek hunt club

AR 15 charging issue

As far as I know every 450Socom mag will work with the 5.56, that was one of the guidelines on the cartridge development. They do make them engraved with 458 SOCOM on them though. Boy if we were only in a state with liberties. I would love one of those with a suppressor.
  11. Robhuntandfish

Robs huntandfish journal

Looking good for that new dirt to hunt. And its 76 acres and not 48 ! So gonna have to scout and cam new hunting spot and planning on putting in 2 stands. Hoping this works out and he closes on the property. He only wants to allow bow/crossbow hunting there which is fine by me for sure, thats usually when i do my best work. And 3 out of 4 places i will hunt are for bow or muzzleloader only. Boat launch fee is paid for the year as of today. New boat launch spot which is about 250 yards from the house and they give you access to another one 2 miles down the road that is closer to where i usually fish. And fishing buddy Corey now has weekends off and has already called shotgun every weekend on the ARC ! And of course I still have a list of to do's on regular hunting spots. Work to do ..but good work! This weekend has to be last big push of get er done stuff around the house cause starting next week the Turks and the Eyes are going to be getting some quality time.
  12. Today
  13. Culvercreek hunt club

2019 Habitat seed Program (Soybeans)

We are very close to the delivery date and we may have some extra available. Price is as outlined above and should be arrive in plenty of time to get in in the ground. Can't beat the price and even though you have to be a QDMA member, you will never get around this price point that I know of. Comment of PM me any questions you may have. DON'T FORGET THE INNOCULANT!!!!!
  14. moog5050

AR 15 charging issue

Mag itself is illegal since its made for 223 and allows for more than 10rds. Now if you call it a 458 mag only and it was designed not to work with 223, maybe that would be a different story. Now I need to check how many 458 rounds fit in the 10rd 223 mag. I thought it was 6 or 7 but if 30rd only fits 10, I could be off.
  15. Culvercreek hunt club

Lime

why didn't bulk AG lime work but you thing the bagged AG lime will?
  16. Culvercreek hunt club

AR 15 charging issue

Ok. just to totally derail the thread let me run this one by you guys. This is 458 SOCOM reference. NY Safe act bans high capacity magazines. (over 10 rounds). 458 SOCOM feed through a standard AR magazine. In a normal 30 round AR mag you can only place 10, 458 SOCOM rounds. Does that mean that the 30 round mags are really legal in NY as long as I don't place 5.56 in the mag?
  17. turkeyfeathers

Thought it was spring

Wrens are back
  18. I am sure behind the Times as far as Decoys go-LOL! Somehow the Turkeys continue to Fall. When, I picked up my new Shotgun a few days ago, I saw Super Expensive Decoys as well. Again- old Fashioned + Frugal here. I picked up my latest camo jacket at the Dollar General for about 15 Bucks.
  19. turkeyfeathers

Post Season Trail Cam Pics

Nice pics Gman
  20. moog5050

AR 15 charging issue

Have you seen Larry shoot? He should have opted for full auto. Just kidding Larry!
  21. G-Man

Post Season Trail Cam Pics

Well it's close to Turkey season so here are a few birdsbearded hen Couple of stutters
  22. grampy

AR 15 charging issue

Yah dahn need ten boolats to kill a deahh !!!
  23. Robhuntandfish

Beer

24. Paula

Beer

I still have never seen this in the store. I need to get to a beer store. I have a list of stuff to try
  25. fasteddie

Todays chuckle

26. Engraver99

Lime

maybe Lowes or Home Depot garden centers
  27. moog5050

Interesting Quiver (and ad)

Kind of an odd way to start the video but I agree it seems to be a good idea. maybe a solution in need to a problem but the concept is still good.
  1. Load more activity