lighted nocks

prowler700

• 1 month later...

They work good just need to make sure you get one's that stay on after the shot. Much easyer to find after the shot... Some are brighter than others and each one has thier own way of working. They keep improving them so try some new one's if you get a chance... (And always shoot at dif targets when practicing...) I like one's that stay on so IF the deer runs and the arrow is still in him you can see it better through the woods, easyer to find if it passes through too.

Welcome to the site Prowler700!!!

Ive used all of them besides the firenocks. I started with the DIY ones, they are time consuming to make, heavy and dont last long. Next I used Lumenocks, they didnt last. Next I used the Lazer Eyes, they were better than lumenocks, lasted 2 seasons. Next I got the Nocturnals, they work great, but You need a nail or something small and pointy to turn them off. Not very convenient. Id like to try the Firenocks, but man are they pricey.

Culver, you can turn them off manually, right? Those are the ones you use a magnet to turn off?

Geez----light nocks! What will they think of next? I like my 200 yards of bright orange string.....takes me right to the deer. :maninlove: Next week I will tell you about the pheasant retriever system for my shotgun. :gaming:

None of them seem to be perfect. Lot's of the reviews are very mixed. I took a chance with the CX and got fortunate enough to get two good ones. (so far) I have only used the red so can't tell you if there is a color that works better then that.

i prefer the bright green over the red, orange. seems much brighter to me , i'ved used lighted nocks for 4 years now and they last 2-3 years. just be careful of inertia activated, have a friend who covers his nocks in a sleve of camo to hide the bright colors of the fletching, problem is the drive down the bumpy road to camp turned on his nocks, drained the batteries as he didn't know they were on.went to use them and didn't light up. bad way to learn batteries are dead.

Edited by G-Man

Ive used all of them besides the firenocks. I started with the DIY ones, they are time consuming to make, heavy and dont last long. Next I used Lumenocks, they didnt last. Next I used the Lazer Eyes, they were better than lumenocks, lasted 2 seasons. Next I got the Nocturnals, they work great, but You need a nail or something small and pointy to turn them off. Not very convenient. Id like to try the Firenocks, but man are they pricey.

Culver, you can turn them off manually, right? Those are the ones you use a magnet to turn off?

No magnet required. just a firm tap on a hard surface and it resets the inertia switch. I haven't had or heard of them going on by accident. But they are not cheap.

Not trying to be a wise guy, this time... But what is the point of using these ? to follow the arrow and see point of impact? to find arrow after? both ?

Its rare for me not to have a pass through and find my arrow buried 4 inches into the ground a little past where the deer was, I think since I started in '88 2 ran off with arrows in them,one dropped in sight one my beagle found.

I use bright nocks and fletching to see point of impact it works good enough for my 53 y/o eyes.

Keep in mind I shot fingers off a simple flipper untill a few years ago,use a fixed 2 blade and one pin.Used my first compound for 18 years, so i'm not one to go for the latest greatest thing each year.

Thanks

I've been using the Nockturnals and so far I've had pretty good luck with them. I always carry a jacknife so I just use to turn them off.

Larry, I like them because when I miss the target bag it's easier to find them in the lawn. B)