1911 carry gun?

Should be getting my permit back within the next month so I’ve started shopping around.  I’ve always liked the older style guns especially the 1911s.  

I’ve been looking around and found a bunch of company’s that offer a compact and sub compact 1911 for carrying.  Does anyone have any experience with a carry 1911? 

thanks for any input given

I too am a fan of the 1911 style pistol, my easily concealed carry gun is an all metal Sig Sauer 938 9mm, single action cocked and locked carry, very well made totally reliable and compact. I have three different style holsters but the basic nylon one pictured is my favorite, inside or outside the waist band or in a pocket. 

Al

2019-03-13_094452.png

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, airedale said:

I too am a fan of the 1911 style pistol, my easily concealed carry gun is an all metal Sig Sauer 938 9mm, single action cocked and locked carry, very well made totally reliable and compact. I have three different style holsters but the basic nylon one pictured is my favorite, inside or outside the waist band or in a pocket. 

Al

2019-03-13_094452.png

my next purchase..   glad to hear you like it so much

I carried a full sized 1911 for years. Size and weight were not an issue for me. The only reason I switched was because I wanted higher capacity and don't like carrying extra mags.

I moved to a CZ 75 PCR with 16 round mags +1, when I left NY. Its a double/single with a decocker, which I've really come to like a lot. 

• Like 1

I’ve never owned a 1911 style gun, but do like them. I really like the Browning Hi Power, but boy do they bring some money. Though it’s not a 1911, they have the same DNA. There is one at the auction this week, along with a few 1911’s (US Army Colt, Kimber and Dan Wesson). I’m really looking forward to seeing what they sell for. 

23 minutes ago, Splitear said:

I’ve never owned a 1911 style gun, but do like them. I really like the Browning Hi Power, but boy do they bring some money. Though it’s not a 1911, they have the same DNA. There is one at the auction this week, along with a few 1911’s (US Army Colt, Kimber and Dan Wesson). I’m really looking forward to seeing what they sell for. 

I love my Hi Power and will never parts with it. The biggest problem I have with it is which son to will it to when I'm gone. (I have the same issue with a lot of my toys lol). Truthfully, the large capacity double stack in that thing makes it heavy for all day carry. As I said earlier, my fave carry is my Sig P320 compact.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, airedale said:

Al

2019-03-13_094452.png

Dead on with this. I have a full size 1911 and love it, really only carry it when outdoors with heavy clothes. You need the right physical build to carry it concealed appropriatly. The sig 938 is based on the 1911 in function except for no grip safety. It is a fantastic high performance high quality compact 9mm well worth looking at for concealed carry. 

Dead on with this. I have a full size 1911 and love it, really only carry it when outdoors with heavy clothes. You need the right physical build to carry it concealed appropriatly. The sig 938 is based on the 1911 in function except for no grip safety. It is a fantastic high performance high quality compact 9mm well worth looking at for concealed carry. 

I agree been carrying since my 21st Bday and have carried a lot of different pistols and revolvers. I absolutely can’t conceal a full sized 1911 without dressing around it unless I carry it in small of back and I would rather carry a gun in a purse. I can carry my DW eco iwb at 3 O’clock and appendix but I have more comfortable, lighter options that hold more rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, eaglemountainman said:

I carried a full sized 1911 for years. Size and weight were not an issue for me. The only reason I switched was because I wanted higher capacity and don't like carrying extra mags.

I moved to a CZ 75 PCR with 16 round mags +1, when I left NY. Its a double/single with a decocker, which I've really come to like a lot. 

I have the IMI version of that gun, it is the most accurate and has the best trigger of any semi I have ever used, and thats fairly considerable. Extremely well made too.

Robby

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

The Sig P365 is one of the hottest guns right now for a reason.....10 bullets in the magazine is only one of the reasons.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/sig-sauer-p365-vs-sig-sauer-p938-nitron

My buddy in Knoxville is friends with Sigs National sales manager , I’ve got three Sig hats from him , and he’s got Sigs from him at sweet prices .

I really wanted to meet him…..but alas I’m still Sig less .

23 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

The Sig P365 is one of the hottest guns right now for a reason.....10 bullets in the magazine is only one of the reasons.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/sig-sauer-p365-vs-sig-sauer-p938-nitron

Thoughts on the Heckler & Koch VP9? I didn't shoot it or even feel it, but man it looked sweet on the shelf.

46 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

You can change that very easily..........Sportsman's Warehouse is one of those places to make it happen!

I only buy at Amchar , nobody can touch their prices . And perhaps from individuals in southern states ….

3 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

You've mentioned "Amchar" before.  Retail or wholesale?  I never heard of them.....

https://amchar.com  Nation wide wholesale place worlds largest Glock law enforcement dealer . Started by a Rochester firefighter decades ago .

Retail shop open only to military and first responders, shelves of ammo all through the “ shortage “  walls of ARs , Ar pistols , handguns galore . 

45 minutes ago, Nomad said:

https://amchar.com  Nation wide wholesale place worlds largest Glock law enforcement dealer . Started by a Rochester firefighter decades ago .

Retail shop open only to military and first responders, shelves of ammo all through the “ shortage “  walls of ARs , Ar pistols , handguns galore . 

No wonder no one can touch their prices.   

I carried my 1911 about 2 times, it's been in the safe since. Too heavy and bulky for my liking concealed. If we were open carry I might be more inclined but too many other options to be uncomfortable all of the time in my opinion.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk