Gaiters

Buckmaster7600

I broke 2 bones in my foot a month ago in a kindling wood splitting accident “wear shoes!”

Anyways walking in my normal Turkey hunting boots “lacrosse Grange” is out of the question they have zero foot support.

I’ve been doing some light hikes in my zamberlans and it hurts but is doable. If I’m stuck wearing these for Turkey season I’m going to need some gaiters. Anyone use them if so what do you like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, Farflung said:

glad to see this thread. Will need them in Wyoming in 2023. Going for antelope this year, but I doubt I will need gaiters, except maybe to keep junk out of the top of my boots.

I also doubt you’ll need them for antelope.   Lol no sweat unless your Jim Shockey.   

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

I have these: 

https://kenetrek.com/products/hunting-gaiter-solid-loden-green-1

Held out well so far (1.5 seasons)

I have these in camo, which is a softer, quieter material. I always pack them but don't often find a need for them. In three years I've maybe worn them 4 times.

• Like 1

I have these in camo, which is a softer, quieter material. I always pack them but don't often find a need for them. In three years I've maybe worn them 4 times.

I’ve always worn rubber boots, will these give me the same “waterproof” effect as an 18” rubber boot?

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I’ve always worn rubber boots, will these give me the same “waterproof” effect as an 18” rubber boot?

Sorry, I've never worn rubber boots, so can't speak to your question. I can say that, for the few times I've worn the gaiters, in deep snow and wet CRP, my legs have stayed dry.

I am seriously considering a pair of La Cross Burly Side Zips for this fall.

Sorry, I've never worn rubber boots, so can't speak to your question. I can say that, for the few times I've worn the gaiters, in deep snow and wet CRP, my legs have stayed dry.
I am seriously considering a pair of La Cross Burly Side Zips for this fall.

Thanks, I’ve never had any luck with neoprene holding up, let me know how they work.

3 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Thanks, I’ve never had any luck with neoprene holding up, let me know how they work.

I have Muck Arctic Pros. Held up great for the last 3 seasons.

https://www.amazon.com/Muck-Insulated-Extreme-Conditions-Hunting/dp/B01ELKP2SO/ref=sr_1_6?gclid=CjwKCAjw0a-SBhBkEiwApljU0u5gOhQQ6NhNJA986BK96DQSY0MRFyS3iT13KbkHo_puAl-HTaxmzhoCWokQAvD_BwE&hvadid=570458771469&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9004564&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=3067878847965540080&hvtargid=kwd-25129269280&hydadcr=8353_13493845&keywords=arctic+pro+muck+boot&qid=1649183443&sr=8-6

Never had a need for gaiters where I hunt.

Edited by squirrelwhisperer
  • Like 1

I didn’t get through an ice fishing season with my arctic pros before they wore out and they were very heavy. The only reason I’m switching it up for Turkey season is I have broken bones in my foot and am supposed to be in a walking boot with crutches but I can get my zamberlands tight enough and they have a stiff enough sole to allow me to walk “normally.”

Problem is they’re only 6” tall and I hate wet feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk my

21 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I didn’t get through an ice fishing season with my arctic pros before they wore out and they were very heavy. The only reason I’m switching it up for Turkey season is I have broken bones in my foot and am supposed to be in a walking boot with crutches but I can get my zamberlands tight enough and they have a stiff enough sole to allow me to walk “normally.”

Problem is they’re only 6” tall and I hate wet feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk my

Tough break (pun intended)

I have no problem with my Mucks, but then again, I don't cover 47 miles of hiking in a single hunt like you do! lol

• 2 weeks later...