16ga rifled slugs

SWEDE

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I think this is more of a supply and demand issue, when there is basically zero demand there won’t be much supply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably so . The manufacturers are making what sells, which currently are the nato rounds for the most part along with popular self defense rounds . They cycle in popular hunting rounds and so forth as necessary, trying to satisfy that market too .

Obscure or rounds that don’t sell much volume are the last to be made .

My advice to all is if you see what you need buy it . Don’t wait for the price to drop hoping you’ll find it again , once you have a bit of a supply you can do,that .

Although it’s not going to go back to,prices of a few years ago, why would it ?

• Like 1

Probably so . The manufacturers are making what sells, which currently are the nato rounds for the most part along with popular self defense rounds . They cycle in popular hunting rounds and so forth as necessary, trying to satisfy that market too .

Obscure or rounds that don’t sell much volume are the last to be made .
My advice to all is if you see what you need buy it . Don’t wait for the price to drop hoping you’ll find it again , once you have a bit of a supply you can do,that .
Although it’s not going to go back to,prices of a few years ago, why would it ?

Reload Its the only option. I can’t remember the last time I’ve saw 35rem, 358win, 35 whelen or 44mag in a store. That’s my 4 main deer cartridges. If I didn’t reload I’d have to buy a 6.5 creedmore or a 350 legend.

• Like 1

Ya traded with another member here , my 7mm08 rounds for his 35 rem, I don’t even shoot that , it was to help out a guy I hunt with . Last time he found it on the shelves was way before this all started , the guy had five boxes and advised my buddy to buy them all .

Youve hit on another point, as they continue to come out with new calibers , they just push others out of the limited product line even further. 

My friend with the 35rem is thinking about buying a gun he can actually get ammo for , something for others to consider as well I guess .

Edited by Nomad

Ya traded with another member here , my 7mm08 rounds for his 35 rem, I don’t even shoot that , it was to help out a guy I hunt with . Last time he found it on the shelves was way before this all started , the guy had five boxes and advised my buddy to buy them all .
Youve hit on another point, as they continue to come out with new calibers , they just push others out of the limited product line even further. 

My friend with the 35rem is thinking about buying a gun he can actually get ammo for , something for others to consider as well I guess .

Not to make myself sound like an A hole but how can anyone let themselves get to a point where they can’t shoot a gun they want to? Especially an obscure chambering. We had a warning in 2012 so this one there is zero excuse for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Not to make myself sound like an A hole but how can anyone let themselves get to a point where they can’t shoot a gun they want to? Especially an obscure chambering. We had a warning in 2012 so this one there is zero excuse for.

That largely falls on deaf ears . The reason I dwell on this ,is to maybe just perhaps encourage others to, understand one of my favorite sayings .

Id rather be looking at it then looking for it .

• Like 2