World Record, Worlds Worst Mount?

dave6x6

Ohh. Thanks a bunch for putting that back in my head Fins. LOL I've looked him over pretty good in the past and i think he's original but now i guess i know what i'll be doing tomarrow.. He's got a pretty unique gotee and all the brown patches match up. As for the ear, not sure if it looks that way because it's limp in the pics and rigid in the mount but i'll take another look and maybe dig for some better pics. Guess i'm not getting much sleep tonight.

After looking at Mckenzie forms you pretty much are all correct. For example the Dennis Behn series semi sneek form looks like this first photo and then the Ben Mear series semi sneak looks like the second photo. I find this very odd. Is it like going to a diner and ordering a large soda and then going to B-King and ordering a large soda thats twice as big lol.

post-1162-0-23146700-1340255354.jpg

post-1162-0-96332600-1340255370.jpg

you get what you pay for sometimes.

I'm going to Wyoming in October and there's no way I'm having it mounted out there. I will have my taxidermist here in NY (Kurt Fox) do the mount.

OK i'm beginning to wish i never started this topic.LOL Can we get back to bashing the King Buck? LOL . Would i have liked my mount to have turned out better? Obviously. but Biz, it wasn't a matter of "getting what you paid for'' or for lack of doing my homework. Your taxidermist did a nice job on yours but no offense, I'll keep my brute.. Fins, i did another look over and there is no question it is my cape and everything lines up in person. Thanks for the sleepless night though. LOL

Looks the same to me. I think the difference in the way the ear looks probably has more to do with the drying and shrinking of the hide, plus it looks like the taxidermist closed the gap up when he shaped the ear and held it in place while it dried to hold its shape with cardboard or whatever he uses during the drying period.

OK i'm beginning to wish i never started this topic.LOL Can we get back to bashing the King Buck? LOL . Would i have liked my mount to have turned out better? Obviously. but Biz, it wasn't a matter of "getting what you paid for'' or for lack of doing my homework. Your taxidermist did a nice job on yours but no offense, I'll keep my brute.. Fins, i did another look over and there is no question it is my cape and everything lines up in person. Thanks for the sleepless night though. LOL

It's not my mule deer anyway.

• 2 months later...