Paracord sling attachment question

Anyone have any idea how this should attach?  Came with the new Stoeger but I can't figure out how it's supposed to hook on to the front mount!  You can see the other end is a standard rifle sling attachment.  Both mounts are exactly the same, standard sling mounts.
PXL_20220403_185133482.thumb.jpg.1235c59402454b24e49bd8674b0a2e63.jpg
PXL_20220403_185322687.thumb.jpg.d1b02b539574826576a17ab2fdc55e8c.jpg

Usually they’re designed to hook back to themselves making them a 1 and 2 point sling. Assuming the stoeger has regular sling studs it’s not going to work. Is you want to use it just tie a small loop with a thing braided rope and clip it to that. I don’t use sling swivels because they always make noise so I just use a little loop of rope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Judoka95 said:

Typically, that type of sling hook is used with AR style rear sling attachment loops.

Sling Snap Hook

^^^ This. That design is to hook the clamp onto a loop in the shoulder stock and to attach a standard front mount to rails on an AR, then use the traditional sling mount on that.

5 hours ago, DirtTime said:

^^^ This. That design is to hook the clamp onto a loop in the shoulder stock and to attach a standard front mount to rails on an AR, then use the traditional sling mount on that.

More continuing your signature:

This killing field is all grown over, the mother@#$%er wants it wild.....  New album this year!

• Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 8:00 PM, UpStateRedNeck said:

More continuing your signature:

This killing field is all grown over, the mother@#$%er wants it wild.....  New album this year!

I'm a bit concerned with the new album. I guess we'll see what they think a metal blues song sounds like. They haven't been the same since Iowa for heaviness, a few too many poppy songs.

Did you get the sling sorted out? I was making and selling para cord slings for a while with both ends using basic Uncle Mike's swivels, doing it by hand got to be too much trouble between tearing up my hands and no one wanted to pay for the 3-4 hours it took to make them. If you're interested in trying to make one for yourself, let me know, I did a video a while back on how to make them.

31 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

I'm a bit concerned with the new album. I guess we'll see what they think a metal blues song sounds like. They haven't been the same since Iowa for heaviness, a few too many poppy songs.

Did you get the sling sorted out? I was making and selling para cord slings for a while with both ends using basic Uncle Mike's swivels, doing it by hand got to be too much trouble between tearing up my hands and no one wanted to pay for the 3-4 hours it took to make them. If you're interested in trying to make one for yourself, let me know, I did a video a while back on how to make them.

I would be very interested in seeing that video. I would like to make a sling for little squirrels bow, similar to the one I have for mine.

20 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

I would be very interested in seeing that video. I would like to make a sling for little squirrels bow, similar to the one I have for mine.

I don't know how well the cobra or king cobra weave used to make a rifle sling would work for a bow sling. I'd look up making a standard snake knot for something like that, it would be a little thinner and a small loop in front of the sling to put on the stabilizer bolt.

Here's the video.

• Thanks 1