16 x 20 bunk house

First-light

We have one at our lake house in Minnesota. 1 large room with a tiny powder room. Loft is half size and has a wood burning stove. Sleeps 6 adults no problem. When we were younger all the kids slept in there and we had 14 kids no problem in there 

15 hours ago, bfahy13 said:

We have one at our lake house in Minnesota. 1 large room with a tiny powder room. Loft is half size and has a wood burning stove. Sleeps 6 adults no problem. When we were younger all the kids slept in there and we had 14 kids no problem in there 

Sounds just like what I want. Thanks. 

@First-lightI belonged to a hunting club that had something like that. 10 sets of bunkbeds, woodstove and an outhouse. It was a great time! One thing to consider is building your own bunk beds. I've built them with a full on the bottom and a twin on top. they were built with the top perpendicular to the bottom. we built a coat/gun rack into the support under the top bunk. this allowed everyone to hang up their hunting gear and store their boots at their bunk. Organized storage becomes a premium when you het 8-10 hunters in a small space.

I put a 12'X24' "Amish" built shed on my property before Covid started. I finished the interior and put in a woodstove. This has become my at home office for the last few years and we have considered getting another (larger) one for guests to stay in.

Shed 4.jpg

SHed 12.jpg

20220407_104744.jpg

20201229_105804.jpg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Judoka95 said:

@First-lightI belonged to a hunting club that had something like that. 10 sets of bunkbeds, woodstove and an outhouse. It was a great time! One thing to consider is building your own bunk beds. I've built them with a full on the bottom and a twin on top. they were built with the top perpendicular to the bottom. we built a coat/gun rack into the support under the top bunk. this allowed everyone to hang up their hunting gear and store their boots at their bunk. Organized storage becomes a premium when you het 8-10 hunters in a small space.

I put a 12'X24' "Amish" built shed on my property before Covid started. I finished the interior and put in a woodstove. This has become my at home office for the last few years and we have considered getting another (larger) one for guests to stay in.

Shed 4.jpg

SHed 12.jpg

20220407_104744.jpg

20201229_105804.jpg

That looks great! Good job on finishing it and the info!

19 hours ago, First-light said:

That looks great! Good job on finishing it and the info!

The best part is all of the material was 3rd's from a local lumber yard. I milled all of the trim from the T&G that was too rough to use on the ceiling. I was in a bit of a rush but with the help of prednisone I finished most of it in 5 days.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Judoka95 said:

The best part is all of the material was 3rd's from a local lumber yard. I milled all of the trim from the T&G that was too rough to use on the ceiling. I was in a bit of a rush but with the help of prednisone I finished most of it in 5 days.

The whole inside of my cabin is shiplap. Back 14 years ago it was 19 cents a board foot. I couldn't imagine what it and my cost would be now!

• Haha 1