Rainy day Rifle purchase

Been eyeballing rifles the last few weeks, for no real reason other than it's been awhile since I added one. I was bored this morning and took a ride to Bass Pro and came home with a new girl for the safe. I decided on a Tikka T3X Lite Roughtech in 270 Win. I've owned a lot of rifles and I've never bought a Tikka or a 270 for that matter, so it just seemed right! I've handled the Tikkas a lot in the past and always loved the bolts and accuracy just never seemed to end up with one. Now I just have to decide on glass for it... I have a Leupold VX3 2.5-8 that I can throw on it but I'm not sure if I want an adjustable turret for longer range shooting. Decisions... Screenshot_20220403-163828.jpgScreenshot_20220403-170340-263.jpg

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Can't go wrong with a leupold.. 12 x is a good choice 270 is a nice long ish round deserves the glass to do the job .
I would like a bit more upper end magnification, but I also love a 2.5x low end for woods hunting. I'm also a fan of low sitting scopes so I don't really want to go too big on objective either...

Nice I went looking for new ruger /marlin 1895 sbl..  no one had any
guess it saved me from dropping 1400 or so....
Yea I hear that. I was going to buy a Browning Hells Canyon but they only had beat up floor models and calibers were all 6.5 PRC or 6.5 creedmoor and I didn't really want either of those. Finding guns in stock on shelves isn't easy these days...

16 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Been eyeballing rifles the last few weeks, for no real reason other than it's been awhile since I added one. I was bored this morning and took a ride to Bass Pro and came home with a new girl for the safe. I decided on a Tikka T3X Lite Roughtech in 270 Win. I've owned a lot of rifles and I've never bought a Tikka or a 270 for that matter, so it just seemed right! I've handled the Tikkas a lot in the past and always loved the bolts and accuracy just never seemed to end up with one. Now I just have to decide on glass for it... I have a Leupold VX3 2.5-8 that I can throw on it but I'm not sure if I want an adjustable turret for longer range shooting. Decisions... Screenshot_20220403-163828.jpgScreenshot_20220403-170340-263.jpg

I like Tikka rifles but only own one, a 223 T3 RH I bought for my son but he has no interest in it anymore.  I could put a big chunk of change in the bank if I sold my three NULA/ULA rifles and bought a LH T3 in 30-06 :)

Great guns.....

• Like 1

Nice looking rifle. That 2.5x8 is the perfect scope for that rifle, that’s what’s on by 06 and 35Whelen tikkas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll probably end up mounting that one up and I'll swap it in the future if I want to. But I've really come to appreciate the low end 2.5X on my rifles for deer hunting.

• Like 1